The Shopper Reward Loan, a great rate with benefits instore
Sainsbury's shoppers with a Nectar card who take out our Shopper Reward Loan could get a great low rate of 4.4% APR representative† on loans from £7,500 to £15,000 over 1-5 years.
Please note that you will pay back less with our Standard product. The Reward product may benefit you if you spend a certain amount in Sainsbury's stores meaning the value of Nectar points earned more than offsets the higher interest payable.
Plus an extra
5,000 bonus Nectar points
Double Nectar points for 2 whole years*
Tailor the loan to suit your needs
- Choose to repay from 1-5 years
- Choose to pay over 1-3 years and the rate could be even lower
- Choose the option of a two month repayment holiday at the start of the loan#
The Shopper Reward loan is available to Sainsbury's shoppers applying with a Nectar card. If you wish to borrow for longer than 5 years then please see our Standard Loan. The rate you are offered will depend on your personal circumstances, credit assessment procedures and other related factors. What APR will I receive?
What if I don't have a Nectar card?
We offer our best rates to Sainsbury's customers with a Nectar card. Different rates apply if you don't have a Nectar card.
Loans from £7,500 to £15,000 - Key information
The information contained in the table below summarises key product features and is not intended to replace any terms and conditions.
|Representative APR||Representative 4.4% APR|
|APR ranges||Loan size range: £7,500 to £15,000|
APR range from 4.3% to 9.4%
|Interest charging information||The interest rate is fixed and guaranteed for the life of the loan. Interest is calculated for the full term of the loan and is applied at the start of the loan.|
|Repayment information||Payment is made by monthly Direct Debit. If you take a Repayment holiday, the first monthly repayment is due three months after the date the loan has been opened. We charge interest between the start of your loan and your first monthly repayment|
|Repayment period||You can choose to repay your loan over 1 to 5 years|
|Amount of Loan available||Loans are available from £7,500 to £15,000 in increments of £1|
|Application / Arrangement fee||There is no application/arrangement fee|
|Default fees||The following charges will be made if any of the following actions have to be taken: If a Direct Debit is returned unpaid: Up to £25; Letter requesting payment or telephone call to home or business: £10; Pre-default notice: £40; Default expired: £50; Issues of solicitors’ letter, instruction of agency to collect the balance, instruction to solicitor to issue court proceedings or instruction to obtain new address: £50|
|Early settlement||You have the right to repay all or part of the loan at any time. If the original length of your loan is more than 12 months an early settlement fee of the equivalent of 58 days interest on your remaining balance will be charged.|
|Lending criteria||Loans are provided, subject to status by Sainsbury’s Bank plc, Tower House, Charterhall Drive, Chester CH88 3AN. Written quotations are available on request. To apply you must be at least 18 and a UK resident (excluding the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man). Rates correct at time of print. Different rates will apply for telephone applications. Sainsbury’s Bank reserves the right to vary rates without notice. The rate you are offered will depend on your personal circumstances, credit assessment procedures and other related factors. Your application will not be considered without your home telephone number|
|Representative example||Annual Interest Rate (fixed) is 4.40% p.a., with a representative 4.4% APR based on borrowing £10,000 and repaying over 60 months with 60 monthly repayments. Monthly repayments of £185.58 with total amount repayable of £11,134.80|
Offer Ts & Cs
You can repay your loan at any time during the repayment period. If the original length of your loan is more than 12 months an early settlement fee of 58 days interest on your remaining balance will be charged.
Please note: our terms and conditions document will open in a new browser window and may take some time to download depending on your internet connection.
You can download and print the terms and conditions with Adobe Acrobat. Get Adobe Reader.
#Interest will be charged between the start date of your loan and your first monthly repayment.
*Shopper Reward Loan - Terms & Conditions
- Offer only available to customers applying for a new loan. The application must be accepted & the loan paid out to qualify for 5,000 Nectar points and double Nectar points.
- Offer only available to Sainsbury's shoppers with a Nectar card which has been swiped instore or used online in the last 6 months. We may check your Nectar account to verify this. You must enter your Nectar card number at the time of application.
- The loan must be for an amount between £7,500 and £15,000 and must be taken over a period of between 12 and 60 months.
- 5,000 Nectar points will be added to your Nectar account within 60 days of agreement commencing.
- If you miss any repayments, double points will stop at the end of the month this happens and will not be re-instated, even if the loan is brought back up to date.
- If the loan is repaid, double points will stop from the date of repayment.
- Only the first loan registered against each Nectar account will qualify for double points. You may qualify for additional points by taking out other qualifying products.
- Base points on qualifying spend in Sainsbury's will be collected as normal. A bonus equal to the total of these points each calendar month (subject to a monthly maximum of 2,500 points) will be credited to the Nectar account by the 10th of the following month, for up to 24 months from the date the loan is paid out. Excludes all bonus point offers from Sainsbury's Energy, Telecoms, Digital, Bank, Diets and all other Sainsbury's services.
- The monthly bonus will only be calculated on, and credited to the Nectar card nominated at the time of application. The nominated card must also be used at the time of each Sainsbury's purchase and points will not be allocated retrospectively.
- The collection and use of Nectar points in the Nectar loyalty programme is governed by the Nectar Collector Rules set out in the registration pack and available at nectar.com.
- Sainsbury's Bank reserves the right to alter, cancel or withdraw the offer without prior notice.
- Any loans subsequently cancelled within 14 days of opening will be ineligible.