This post has been archived and any financial information contained in it may no longer be correct. This competition is now closed.
The Sainsbury's Bank (SB) Best Money Saving Tips competition is open to members of the general public who reside in the UK.
The SB competition consists of three parts:
1. Tip Submissions: all members of the general public are invited to submit their best money saving tips. The tips which comply with our editorial standards will be visible on the Sainsbury’s Bank Money Matters blog, and the general public will be encouraged to vote on their favourite tips via liking the post. These will automatically be entered into the competition. Entrants may opt out of the competition at any time by emailing @sainsburysfinanceblog.com.
2. There will be one prize awarded each week for the best money saving tip. The best money saving tip is that submitted that week receiving the largest number of public votes by the end of the same week. In the event of two or more entrants receiving the same number of votes, the winner will be selected from those tied entrants by the Sainsbury’s Bank Competition Panel.
3. At the end of the four weeks, the best overall tip will be chosen by Sainsbury’s Bank Competition Panel and will be published on the Sainsbury’s Bank Money Matters blog. There will be another prize awarded to the blog owner that referred the person with the overall winning tip.
The opening and closing dates for competition entries are:
- Week 1: Monday 16th July to Sunday 22nd July – winner announced Monday 23rd July.
- Week 2: Monday 23rd July to Sunday 29th July - – winner announced Monday 30th July
- Week 3: Monday 30th July to Sunday 5th August – winner announced Monday 6th August
- Week 4: Monday 6th August to Sunday 12th August – winner announced Monday 13th August
- Overall winners announced: Tuesday 14th August
The winner will be published on the Sainsbury’s Bank Money Matters blog.
4. All money saving tips must be submitted via the form provided on Money Matters. Multiple entries are permitted. Entries should not be sent through agencies or third parties. SB reserves the right to not enter any tips submitted in breach of these rules.
5. Sainsbury’s Bank reserves the right to disqualify votes if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent voting has occurred.
6. Comments which do not meet Sainsbury’s Bank’s editorial standards including extreme political views, extreme religious views, offensive or profane language or abuse of copyright will not be published. Please also refrain from using promotional links and brand names, these may be removed.
7. All views expressed are those of the author and not of SB.
8. By submitting their money saving tip, entrants confirm that their tip is their own work and not copied from any other source. They agree that their tip may be featured on the Sainsbury’s Money Matters Blog, on other social media or in Sainsbury’s Bank marketing or advertising without payment
9. As financial services is a heavily regulated industry, please be aware that we cannot publish any comments that could be seen as offering advice in relation to financial products or services.
10. An overall winner will be chosen by the Sainsbury’s Bank Competition Panel. The winner will be the money saving tip which in the judge’s opinion, provides the most useful information for readers. The winner must be aged 18 or over and a UK resident to accept a prize.
11. There are four prizes of £50 Sainsbury’s vouchers for the weekly winners, one overall prize, and one prize for the blog owner who referred the person with the overall winning tip. There is no cash alternative to the stated prize. Sainsbury’s Bank reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of greater or equal value. If the prize is not collected within 21 days of initial contact it will be awarded to a runner up.
12. By entering into this competition entrants are agreeing to the terms and conditions specified.
13. Promoter: The promoter cannot accept responsibility for entries which are illegible, incomplete, delayed, damaged or lost in transmission. Entries which are altered, amended, damaged or defaced will not be accepted. The decision of the promoter in all matters is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. The promoter is Sainsbury’s Bank plc (Registered Office, 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT).