Tax free savings
- Earn a tax-free variable rate of 1.45% AER (variable)
- From 1st July 2014 you can save your full ISA allowance of £15,000 for the tax year into your Sainsbury's Bank Cash ISA.
- ISA transfer service - move your existing ISA funds held with other providers. (If you want to transfer in from a Stocks and Share ISA to our Cash ISA please contact us on 0500 40 50 60* before you withdraw any funds)
- Easy to apply and manage either online or by phone
- Minimum deposit of £500 to open your account
- Interest is paid annually on the anniversary of account opening
- Available to new and existing customers
- Existing Sainsbury's Bank Cash ISA customers - you can now top up to £15,000 in your Cash ISA this tax year
Apply for your Cash ISA now
It's quick and easy to apply for a Sainsbury's Bank Cash ISA.
Please note, to set up an account you need to be:
- a UK resident; and
- 18 years old or over.
From the 1st July 2014, please have the following details to hand before you call:
- Your addresses and postcodes for the last 3 years; and
- Your National Insurance number and/or Tax Identification Number(s) (for Non UK tax resident).
Call us now 0800 028 5306* or apply online.
We are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
Find out more
|Balance tiers||Annual AER|
|£0 - £499||0.50%|
All your ISA savings under one roof
With a Sainsbury's Cash ISA you can keep your ISA savings in one place by transferring any of your existing ISAs - ask about our ISA transfer service or complete our transfer in form (PDF 76KB).
This way you can enjoy an attractive rate on all your balances and the convenience of having your ISAs under one roof. And remember, when you transfer an ISA from another provider, this won't affect your annual ISA allowance. (If you are wanting to transfer in from a Stocks and Share ISA to our Cash ISA please contact us on 0500 40 50 60* before you withdraw any funds).
Take advantage of the new £15,000 tax-free limit from 1st July 2014
Once your Sainsbury's Cash ISA is open you can deposit the full £15,000 annual allowance or make regular deposits into your Cash ISA, whichever is convenient.
No ISA charges whenever you need your money
Access your money with no notice, and no charges or restrictions on the number of withdrawals. Just remember that if you have paid in your full ISA allowance, any amount you withdraw cannot be replaced during the same tax year.
You can only open one Cash ISA during any one tax year and a Cash ISA can only be opened by an individual.
How to pay in
Once your Sainsbury's Cash ISA is open you can deposit up to the full £15,000 into your Cash ISA or make regular deposits in the following ways:
- Send us a cheque made payable to yourself
- Transfer funds from an existing Cash ISA with another provider using our transfer in form (PDF 76KB)
- By bank transfer from your main bank account or existing Sainsbury's Bank savings account
You can use our secure telephone service or our Online Banking Service to check your balance and transactions. Find out more about registering for Sainsbury's Online Banking to access, view and manage your account online in our online support section.
The following charges will apply:
£5 for a duplicate statement.
Protection against money laundering
Before your account is fully active we'll need to verify your identity. This is to comply with money laundering regulations. In most cases we can do this electronically but we may need you to provide some documents to help us.
Before you apply
- Make sure you have your personal details to hand, including your NI number
- Have your Nectar card handy, to take advantage of any Nectar card promotions that may be on offer
- You must be over 18 and a UK resident to open a Cash ISA
- Please read our terms and conditions, Key Features and privacy statement.
Apply quickly and easily
- Apply online or by calling us on 0800 028 5306 *
- You must fund your Cash ISA within 30 days of opening it
Key product information for our Cash ISA savings account
|Account name||Cash ISA|
|Interest rates (AERs)||Variable interest rate of 1.45% AER|
|Tax status||Interest will be paid tax free.|
|Conditions for bonus payment||No bonus available on this account.|
|Withdrawal arrangements||Unlimited withdrawals, however remember any amount you withdraw from your Cash ISA cannot be replaced during the same tax year.|
|Access||Telephone and online|
AER: AER stands for annual equivalent rate and illustrates what the interest would be if interest was paid and compounded each year. Variable interest paid tax free, annually. Interest is calculated daily and paid on the anniversary of account opening.
Ts & Cs
To help you decide whether our Cash ISA is right for you read our Key Features (PDF 67KB) document.
Sainsbury's Cash ISA terms and conditions
Please read our terms and conditions (PDF 150KB) and privacy statement.
Please note: our terms and conditions document will open in a new browser window and may take some time to download depending on your internet connection.
You can download and print the terms and conditions document with Adobe Acrobat. Get Adobe Reader.