Frequently Asked Questions
You can go to sainsburysbank.co.uk/doublenectar, or pick up leaflets in store.
When you take out a qualifying product direct from Sainsbury's Bank you could collect double Nectar points on your Sainsbury's shopping for up to 2 years and with a monthly maximum of 1,250 points per qualifying product. Insurance must be renewed at a qualifying cover level to continue collecting double points.
Yes – provided they are different products (e.g. a life insurance policy and a pet insurance policy). So if, for example, you collect 100 points in Sainsbury's in a month and have a qualifying life insurance policy and a qualifying pet insurance policy, we'll award you 100 bonus points because of the life insurance policy and a further 100 points for the pet insurance policy – a total of 300 points!
If you give your insurance provider a call they can add your Nectar card number to your account. Points will start to be calculated from the date you give us your Nectar card number, please note we cannot backdate double Nectar points.
You'll need to contact us on the number shown for your product in the Get In Touch link opposite. If you have more than one product, you must call each separately.
You can call the Nectar Helpline on 0344 811 0811 or go online to nectar.com. Calls may be recorded for security purposes and monitored under quality control procedures.
Your base points from Sainsbury's will be added to your Nectar account as before.
The matching points collected as a result of your qualifying products will be calculated on the last business day of each month and we will add them to your Nectar account by the 10th of the following month.
We only match the base points you collect on your Sainsbury's purchases, so anything you would not normally collect points on will be excluded from this offer - see the FAQs at sainsbury's.co.uk/nectar for more details. In addition, we won't double any bonus points, any points from other offers, or points from Sainsbury's Energy, Telecoms, Bank and all other Sainsbury's services.
You can check your points on nectar.com, or your Nectar statement. Your current points balance is shown at the bottom of your Sainsbury's till receipt. Remember, we calculate your points on the last business day of the month and add them to your Nectar account by the 10th of the following month.
Here are a few things to consider:
If the answer to any of these questions is 'yes', we will have stopped your points. Please call us on the number shown on the Get In Touch link opposite if you need more help.
Check that you haven't exceeded the monthly maximum of 1,250 points per product. Then check how you've collected your points – we won’t double any bonus points, any points from other offers, or points from Sainsbury’s Energy, Telecoms, Bank and all other Sainsbury’s services. Then, if everything else is fine, call us on the number shown for your product on the Get In Touch link opposite.
It's likely that you have more than one Sainsbury's Bank product in our double Nectar points offer.
We're sorry, this offer is only open to new policy/account holders. You can, however, still apply for one of the other qualifying products.
We will have matched the base points you collected on your Sainsbury's shopping for the month, up to a maximum of 1,250 points.
The Reward Loan was closed to new applications on the 16th December 2014. All applications made before this date will be honoured. All Nectar points already collected and any further points collected over the two year double Nectar point offer will continue to be credited to your account as normal. Your loan will continue to run as normal until the end of its term or if you choose to repay it early (whatever comes first). If you have any further questions, please contact us.
1. Offer only available to customers who take out a new Sainsbury’s Bank Pet Insurance Premier or Premier Plus policy, Annual Travel Insurance policy or Life Insurance policy (with or without Critical Illness Cover). Quote must have originated by the Sainsbury's Bank website or by calling Sainsbury’s Bank directly. Quotes and subsequent accepts from price comparison sites will not be eligible for double Nectar points.
2. Policy must be renewed at a qualifying cover level to continue collecting double points in the second year.
3. If the policy is cancelled, double points will cease from the cancellation date.
4. Only the first policy registered against each Nectar account will qualify for double points. You may qualify for additional points by taking out other qualifying products.
5. You must give us your Nectar card number to be able to collect double Nectar points. If you give us your Nectar card number after you take out an insurance policy, we cannot back date double Nectar points. Points will start to be calculated from the date you give us your Nectar card number.
6. Base points on qualifying spend in Sainsbury's will be collected as normal. A bonus equal to the total of these points each calendar month (subject to a monthly maximum of 1,250 points) will be credited to the Nectar account by the 10th of the following month, for up to 24 months from the policy cover start date. Excludes all Bonus points offers and points from other offers, or points from Sainsbury’s Energy, Telecoms, Bank and all other Sainsbury’s services.
7. The monthly bonus will only be calculated on, and credited to the Nectar card nominated at the time of application. The nominated card must also be used at the time of each Sainsbury's purchase and points will not be allocated retrospectively. 8. Nectar points are awarded to you by Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd.
9. Sainsbury's Bank reserves the right to alter, cancel or withdraw the offer without prior notice.
10. No cash alternative available.
Sainsbury's Bank plc, Registered Office, 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT (registered in England and Wales, no. 3279730) is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Register no. 184514). Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd is an appointed representative of Sainsbury's Bank plc.
Pet Insurance: Sold, underwritten and administered by Allianz Insurance plc. Life Insurance & Over 50s Life Insurance: Provided by Legal & General Assurance Society Ltd. Travel Insurance: Underwritten by Cigna Europe Insurance Company S.A-N.V.