A year's life cover completely free for parents
Parent Free Life Cover, provided by Legal & General, offers £15,000 of free life cover for parents that lasts for 12 months from the date you take it out. You and your partner can apply for your own policies.
How to apply
It's easy to apply for Parent Free Life Cover if:
- You're a parent aged from 18 up to and including 45 years of age.
- You apply before your child's 5th birthday.
- You're named on your child's birth certificate, full adoption certificate, final residence order or special guardianship order.
- You're a UK resident.
- You haven't taken out a Life Insurance policy with Sainsbury’s Bank or Legal & General within the last five years.
Things you need to know
- If you die before the end of your policy, your policy will pay out a lump sum of £15,000. You will be covered for 12 months from the date we receive your application, provided you meet the eligibility criteria.
The policy won't pay out if:
- Death occurs from self-inflicted injury, including intentionally taking your own life.
- Your death is caused directly or indirectly from a condition that you've had in the 12 months before the start of the policy.
Please remember that life insurance is not a saving or investment product and has no cash value unless a valid claim is made.
It is your responsibility to make sure the policy meets your needs. If you require advice please contact a financial advisor. The Parent Free Life Cover Key Features and Policy Terms and Conditions (PDF 176KB) is an important document, which you should read before applying.
Sainsbury’s Life Insurance is provided by Legal & General Assurance Society Limited, Registered Office: 1 Coleman Street, London, EC2R 5AA (registered in England and Wales no. 166055). Legal & General Assurance Society Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
Sainsbury's Bank plc, Registered Office, 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT (registered in England and Wales, no. 3279730) is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Register no. 184514). Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd is an appointed representative of Sainsbury's Bank plc.Apply now
Please visit our customer support section for more information about:
- Contacting us
- Making a claim
- Life Insurance FAQs
- Policy documents