expanded A shopping reward
Your shopping reward could earn you up to £400 worth of vouchers back against your grocery bill over 2 years.
Earn 5% of your grocery bill back with reward vouchers to spend in Sainsbury's stores when you use your Nectar card at Sainsbury's stores and online (minimum* and maximum† spends apply).
A quick rundown
- Apply for a mortgage by 26th February 2018.
- Use your Nectar card when you shop at Sainsbury's.
- Earn a reward of up to £400 worth of vouchers over two years. (Minimum spend applies.*)
- Excludes anything you spend in a Sainsbury's petrol station.
- Excludes anything you don't earn Nectar points on.
- Four times a year we'll send you vouchers to spend in Sainsbury's stores (but not online).
Not got a Nectar card?
You'll need one to get your vouchers. Register online to get your Nectar card number now. And remember to write it down.Get your Nectar card
How it works
What's the reward?
You could earn up to £400 back against your grocery bill over the first two years of your mortgage. We'll give you 5% of your grocery bill back in vouchers to spend in Sainsbury's stores when you use your Nectar card at Sainsbury's stores and online. (Minimum* and maximum† spends apply.)
What do I need to do?
- Make sure you give us your Nectar card number when you apply for your mortgage.
- Remember to swipe your Nectar card when you shop at Sainsbury's. If you shop online, make sure your Nectar card number is showing on your online shopping account.
- You can spend your voucher in any Sainsbury's store. Just hand it over with your Nectar card before you pay.
How much do I have to spend to get a voucher?
You need to spend at least £100 a quarter to get our minimum £5 voucher. The maximum voucher you can get in any one quarter is £50.
The following spend is excluded from this offer and we won't include it when we work out the value of the voucher(s) you receive:
- Purchases made at Sainsbury's Telecoms, Sainsbury's Energy, Argos or Habitat
- Purchases of Sainsbury's Bank products
- Purchases made at Sainsbury's Petrol Filling Stations
- Items on which you don't collect Nectar points at Sainsbury's. You can find a full list of these in the FAQ section at livewellforless.sainsburys.co.uk/category/nectar
How do we work it out?
When you spend in Sainsbury's stores or Sainsbury's online your till receipt will show a 'points earned on' total at the bottom in the 'My Nectar Summary'. This is the figure we use to work out the value of your vouchers.
Each quarter we take your total 'points earned on' amount and round it up to the next £1. We'll then calculate 5% of this and if it's over £5 we will round it up to the next £1 and give you that value in vouchers (to a maximum of £50).
When will I get my voucher?
We'll send out vouchers four times a year. You'll get your first voucher no more than 5 months after you complete your mortgage and then every 3 months after that.
How can I spend my voucher?
You can spend your vouchers in any Sainsbury's store. Just hand your vouchers over when you're paying at the till, together with your Nectar card.
Your vouchers will have an expiry date on them – so make sure you don't leave it too late to spend them.
You can only spend your vouchers in Sainsbury's stores. You can't use them in concessions or at Sainsbury's online and you can't use them for fuel, cashback, or in vending machines.
Terms and conditions
† 1. Apply for one of our mortgages by 26th February 2018 (inclusive) and if your application is approved, you'll be eligible to receive 5% of your grocery shopping bill back in vouchers for two years from the start date of your mortgage. You have to use your Nectar card each time you shop at Sainsbury's and the maximum reward you can earn in each 3 month period ("quarter") is £50, even if 5% of your spend amounts to more than this. So, even if you spend more than £1,000 in the quarter, you'll only earn a £50 reward.
* 2. We won't send you vouchers if you earn less than £5 worth of vouchers in that quarter. We won't carry any amount into the next quarter. So your qualifying spend needs to be at least £100 in the quarter to earn the minimum £5 reward.
3. Vouchers can be redeemed in any Sainsbury's supermarket or Sainsbury's Local in the UK. Vouchers may only be used instore as per the terms specified on the vouchers and cannot be used to buy from Sainsbury's websites.
4. Offer available to new residential mortgage account customers only.
5. Vouchers will only be valid until the expiry date printed on the voucher, which will be up to one month from date of issue.
Calculating your Reward and Exclusions
6. We calculate the amount you receive in vouchers based on the "points earned on" total shown on your till receipt when you spend in Sainsbury's stores or at Sainsbury's online. The following spend is excluded from this offer and we won't include it when we work out the value of the voucher(s) you receive: purchases made at Sainsbury's Telecoms, Energy or at Argos or Habitat; purchases of Sainsbury's Bank products; purchases made at Sainsbury's Petrol Filling Stations; items on which you don't collect Nectar points at Sainsbury's. You can find a full list of these in the FAQ section at livewellforless.sainsburys.co.uk/category/nectar.
7. We use your Nectar card to work out your qualifying spend so you must hold a valid Nectar card in your name and tell us your Nectar card number to receive this offer. We count spend on all Nectar cards linked to the Nectar card number you give us at the time of your application. You can give us your Nectar card number when you apply for your mortgage or at any time during the first year of your mortgage. If you give us your Nectar card number after the start date of your mortgage, we'll backdate your reward to the start of the current quarter only, and you'll benefit from the reward from then, for the remainder of the offer, i.e. up to the end date of two years from the start date of your mortgage.
8. From the start date of your mortgage, we'll send you vouchers every quarter, for a period of two years (unless we remove the offer in accordance with these terms and conditions). We'll post your voucher(s) to the mortgage address no later than 60 days after the end of the quarter. Your first voucher(s) will be based on your eligible spend in the first three months from the start date of your mortgage.
9. We calculate the value of the voucher(s) you will receive in a quarter by taking the "points earned on" total for each transaction in that quarter and rounding it up to the next £1. We then add them together, calculate 5% and (where over £5) round that up to the next pound.
10. We reserve the right to terminate this offer from the date: you fail to meet the terms of your mortgage; or you repay the mortgage; or if you move ("port") your mortgage to another property.
11. Sainsbury's Bank reserves the right to alter, cancel or withdraw the offer at any time, without prior notice.
This offer is brought to you by Sainsbury's Bank plc, registered office 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT (registered in England and Wales, no. 3279730). Sainsbury's Bank is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Register no. 184514). Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd is an appointed representative of Sainsbury's Bank plc