Use our calculator to get an idea of what you can borrow and your monthly payments.
expanded Moving home
Taking it steady
Moving can be one of the most stressful things you’ll do in your life, but it doesn't have to be.
We've got a range of mortgages and plenty of information to help you make sure moving day goes without a hitch.
Why get a mortgage with us?
Here are just some of the things that can make our mortgages work for you:
- A range of fixed and variable rate products
- Up to 95% loan to value (on mortgages up to £300,000) – so just a 5% deposit. You may be able to borrow more if you have a bigger deposit. View our lending limits.
- Free standard valuation available
- Overpay up to 10% of your outstanding balance each year without charge (terms and conditions apply to all our flexible features)
A little something extra
- When you take out a mortgage with us we'll help you make your budget go a bit further with our added shopping reward
The right mortgage for you
We've got a variety of mortgage products and mortgage rates to choose from which we've built with your needs in mind. Whether you're taking your first step onto the housing ladder, you're looking to remortgage your home or moving house – we'll help you find the right mortgage.
We have two main types of mortgage products available – Fixed rate and Tracker rate.
Our Fixed rate mortgages have an interest rate that stays the same for an agreed period of time. This means you can be sure of exactly what you'll be paying on your mortgage each month, as your mortgage rate won't change during the fixed rate period.
With this type of mortgage you:
- Can fix your rate for 2 or 5 years
- Can get up to 95% loan to value
- Could pay off your mortgage balance quicker, by taking advantage of our option to make overpayments of up to 10% each year on your mortgage balance without incurring early repayment charges
- Can choose from a wide range of fixed rates including those with or without product fees
Take a look at our mortgage rates (PDF, 441KB).
Our Tracker rate mortgages have a variable interest rate that is set at a margin above the Bank of England base rate. It then tracks the movements of this base rate for a period of 2 years. At the end of the 2 year period, your mortgage rate will revert to our Standard Variable Rate, at which point you are free to look at other rate options that are available.
With our Tracker rate mortgage you:
- Should remember that the rate you'll pay could change from month to month. This means you'd benefit from lower monthly payments when rates are low, but your monthly payments would increase if the base rate went up
- Can get up to 90% loan to value
- Could pay off your mortgage balance quicker by taking advantage of our option to make overpayments of up to 10% each year on your mortgage balance without incurring early repayment charges
Take a look at our mortgage rates (PDF, 441KB).
Our lending limits
The amount we will lend depends on your personal circumstances. However, as a guide the minimum amount we will lend is £40,000 and the maximum is £1,000,000. The table below shows the loan to value we may offer based on the amount of lending you require:
First time buyer and home mover
|Amount of lending||What we may be able to lend|
|£40,000 - £300,000||Up to 95% Loan to Value|
|£300,001 - £500,000||Up to 90% Loan to Value|
|£500,001 - £750,000||Up to 80% Loan to Value|
|£750,001 - £1,000,000||Up to 75% Loan to Value|
For new build houses, the maximum LTV is 85%.
For new build flats, the maximum LTV is 75%.
Paying back your mortgage
With our mortgages your monthly repayments go towards paying off the capital amount you borrowed as well as the interest on it. This means the capital amount goes down throughout the mortgage term, and by the end of it, you've repaid your mortgage in full if you've kept up your repayments. This type of mortgage is called Capital and Interest or sometimes a Repayment mortgage.Our mortgage calculator
Mortgage calculatorFind out more
How to apply
How to apply for a Sainsbury's Bank mortgage
With so many choices to make when deciding on the right mortgage, Sainsbury's Bank is here to help. All customers who want to take a mortgage directly from us will talk to one of our qualified mortgage advisers who will take time to understand your needs and personal circumstances before making a tailored recommendation.
Applications are taken over the phone by calling 0345 111 8010 **.Find out more about applying
Already a Sainsbury’s Bank Mortgage customer?
We know that life is constantly changing and there will be times that you need your mortgage to change with you. Maybe you want to pay slightly more every month, take a payment holiday, or want to know if you can borrow a bit more – our team are here to help.
If your mortgage completed after 1st January 2017Customer support
If you first took your mortgage with us before 2004
Please call us on 0800 838 295 and we'll be happy to help. Calls to this number are free from landlines and mobiles.