The Shopping Reward Offer
Terms and conditions
1. Apply for one of our mortgages by 24th September 2018 (inclusive) and if your application is approved, you’ll be eligible to receive 5% of your grocery shopping bill back in vouchers for two years from the start date of your mortgage. You have to use your Nectar card each time you shop at Sainsbury’s and the maximum reward you can earn in each 3 month period (“quarter”) is £50, even if 5% of your spend amounts to more than this. So, even if you spend more than £1,000 in the quarter, you’ll only earn a £50 reward.
2. We won’t send you vouchers if you earn less than £5 worth of vouchers in that quarter. We won’t carry any amount into the next quarter. So your qualifying spend needs to be at least £100 in the quarter to earn the minimum £5 reward.
3. Vouchers can be redeemed in any Sainsbury’s supermarket or Sainsbury’s Local in the UK. Vouchers may only be used instore as per the terms specified on the vouchers and cannot be used to buy from Sainsbury’s websites.
4. Offer available to new residential mortgage account customers only.
Calculating your Reward and Exclusions
5. We calculate the amount you receive in vouchers based on the “points earned on” total shown on your till receipt when you spend in Sainsbury’s stores or at Sainsbury’s online. The following spend is excluded from this offer and we won’t include it when we work out the value of the voucher(s) you receive:
6. We reserve the right to terminate this offer from the date: you fail to meet the terms of your mortgage; or you repay the mortgage; or if you move (“port”) your mortgage to another property.
- purchases made at Sainsbury’s Telecoms, Energy or at Argos or Habitat;
- purchases of Sainsbury’s Bank products;
- purchases made at Sainsbury’s Petrol Filling Stations;
- items on which you don’t collect Nectar points at Sainsbury’s. You can find a full list of these in the FAQ section at nectar.com/brands/sainsburys.
7. We use your Nectar card to work out your qualifying spend so you must hold a valid Nectar card in your name and tell us your Nectar card number to receive this offer. We count spend on all Nectar cards linked to the Nectar card number you give us at the time of your application. You can give us your Nectar card number when you apply for your mortgage or at any time during the first year of your mortgage. If you give us your Nectar card number after the start date of your mortgage, we’ll backdate your reward to the start of the current quarter only, and you’ll benefit from the reward from then, for the remainder of the offer, i.e. up to the end date of two years from the start date of your mortgage.
8. From the start date of your mortgage, we’ll send you vouchers every quarter, for a period of two years (unless we remove the offer in accordance with these terms and conditions). We’ll post your voucher(s) to the mortgage address no later than 60 days after the end of the quarter. Your first voucher(s) will be based on your eligible spend in the first three months from the start date of your mortgage.
9. We calculate the value of the voucher(s) you will receive in a quarter by taking the “points earned on” total for each transaction in that quarter and rounding it up to the next £1. We then add them together, calculate 5% and (where over £5) round that up to the next pound.
10. We reserve the right to terminate this offer from the date:
- you fail to meet the terms of your mortgage; or
- you repay the mortgage;
or if you move (“port”) your mortgage to another property.
11. Sainsbury’s Bank reserves the right to alter, cancel or withdraw the offer at any time, without prior notice
This offer is brought to you by Sainsbury’s Bank plc, registered office 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT (registered in England and Wales, no. 3279730). Sainsbury’s Bank is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Register no. 184514). Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd is an appointed representative of Sainsbury’s Bank plc.
The mortgage is secured on your home. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. Lending subject to status.