Collect more Nectar points
See how many points you could collect with our insurance products and credit cards by using our Nectar calculator below.
Get rewarded every time you shop with a Sainsbury’s Bank Credit Card. Collect up to 3 points per £1 spent at Sainsbury's, Argos, Habitat and Tu Clothing when you use your credit card and swipe or scan your Nectar card. And you’ll collect 1 Nectar point for every £5 you spend elsewhere**. Representative 21.9% APR variable.
Find out more
Boost your Nectar points balance with our range of insurance products - We'll double the Nectar points you get on your Sainsbury's shopping and fuel for 12 months when you purchase by 31/05/2022 ‡
Find out more
How much more could you collect?
Work out just how many Nectar points you could collect in a year when you take out a qualifying Sainsbury’s Bank product (or two, or three, or more!) by using our Nectar points calculator.
Yearly points earned from:
Scanning your Nectar app or swiping your Nectar card 0
Paying with a Sainsbury’s Bank Credit Card**0
Having a qualifying Sainsbury’s insurance product 0
Total yearly points
Find out more about our products
* If you are an existing credit card customer and took out your card before 6 October 2009, your card may not qualify for this Nectar offer, and this calculation may not be an accurate representation.
** Up to 3 Nectar points per £1
1. You can collect points by paying with your credit card.
2. We’ll award 2 points for each full £1 spent at Sainsbury’s, Argos, Habitat and Tu Clothing in the UK.
3. We’ll award 1 point for each full £5 spent everywhere else. This includes Argos eBay stores, Argos Clearance stores, Argos For Business, Argos Spares, Argos Financial Services, Sainsbury’s Bank, Sainsbury’s Energy, Sainsbury’s Cafés, Sainsbury’s e-Gift Cards and any other Sainsbury’s services.
4. We don’t award points on Travel Money purchases.
5. On each statement, we calculate the points due on each transaction separately, then total them up and add them to your Nectar account within 60 days.
6. You can collect additional points from Nectar partners, including up to 1 point per £1 at Sainsbury’s, Argos, Habitat and Tu Clothing, by scanning your Nectar app or using your Nectar card at the time of the transaction. You can find details of their collection rates at nectar.com
7. No cash alternative is available
8. We reserve the right to change or cancel this offer without notice
‡ Double Nectar Points
1. Offer available to customers buying a new car insurance, home insurance, pet insurance, annual travel insurance, life insurance, decreasing life insurance or over 50s life insurance policy by 31/05/2022
2. You need to tell us your Nectar card number when you apply, and use this card with each Sainsbury's purchase.
3. Double points begin on your policy’s cover start date. If you don’t tell us your Nectar card number until after your cover start date, double points will begin on the date you tell us.
4. Double points stop 12 months after your policy start date or when the policy is cancelled or you stop paying premiums - whichever happens first.
5. Each Nectar account can only collect points from one car, one home, one pet, one travel and one life insurance policy.
6. It’s only the base points you collect at Sainsbury’s that are doubled. Bonus points won’t be doubled, nor will any points from Argos, Habitat, Sainsbury’s Bank (including travel money purchases), Sainsbury’s Energy or any other Sainsbury’s service.
7. By the 10th of each month, you’ll get a bonus point award equal to the total of your qualifying points during the previous month, up to a maximum of 20,000 points.
8. Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd award the points from this offer. No cash alternative is available.
9. We reserve the right to change or cancel this offer without notice.
Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd award the points from these offers. No cash alternative is available. We reserve the right to change or cancel these offers without notice.