expanded Summary Box
Tax free savings
Save for your future tax-free** with our Cash ISA, and make the most of your 2019/20 £20,000 ISA allowance. You can start with just £1, with no withdrawal restrictions and access to your money when you need it.
Financial Services Compensation Scheme
All of our savings products are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme(FSCS). For further information about the compensation provided by the FSCS visit www.fscs.org.uk
Protecting your money - A guide from the FSCS (PDF, 1.71Mb,)
- Earn a tax-free** rate of 1.41% AER/tax free p.a. (variable) on balances of £500+
- Interest from your Cash ISA will not count towards your Personal Savings Allowance.
- Open your ISA with just £1
- Deposit your full 2019/20 ISA allowance: up to £20,000 for the tax year
- Transfer in your ISA savings held elsewhere, to have it all in the one place
- Interest is calculated daily and paid annually on the anniversary of account opening
- Manage your account 24/7 with online banking
- Available to new and existing customers
- Apply in minutes
Interest rates to help you save
|Balance tiers||Interest rate|
|£0 - £499||0.75% AER/tax free p.a. (variable)|
|£500+||1.41% AER/tax free p.a. (variable)|
These rates are subject to change and may be withdrawn at any time. Rates effective from 6th June 2019. Withdrawals are by transfer to another account only. Regardless of how many withdrawals you make from your Cash ISA, you will only ever be able to deposit up to your annual Cash ISA allowance limit.
Apply for your Cash ISA now
It's quick and easy to apply for a Sainsbury's Bank Cash ISA.
Please note, to set up an account you need to be:
- a UK resident; and
- 18 years old or over.
Find out more
All your ISA savings under one roof
With a Sainsbury's Cash ISA you can keep your ISA savings in one place by transferring any of your existing ISAs - ask about our ISA transfer service or complete our transfer in form (PDF 76KB).
This way you can enjoy an attractive rate on all your balances and the convenience of having your ISAs under one roof. And remember, when you transfer an ISA from another provider, this won't affect your annual ISA allowance. (If you want to transfer in from a Cash ISA, a Stocks and Shares ISA, or an Innovative Finance ISA to our Cash ISA please complete the Transfer In form, please do not transfer the funds yourself).
Take advantage of the 2019/20 £20,000 tax-free limit
Once your Sainsbury's Cash ISA is open you can deposit the full £20,000 annual allowance or make regular deposits into your Cash ISA, whichever is convenient.
No ISA charges whenever you need your money
Access your money with no notice, and no charges or restrictions on the number of withdrawals. Just remember that if you have paid in your full ISA allowance, any amount you withdraw cannot be replaced during the same tax year.
You can only open one Cash ISA during any one tax year and a Cash ISA can only be held by an individual, not in joint names.
How to pay in
Once your Sainsbury's Cash ISA is open you can deposit up to the full £20,000 into your Cash ISA or make regular deposits in the following ways:
- Send us a cheque made payable to yourself
- Transfer funds from an existing Cash ISA with another provider using our transfer in form (PDF 76KB)
- By bank transfer from your main bank account or existing Sainsbury's Bank savings account
You can use our secure telephone service or our Online Banking Service to check your balance and transactions. Find out more about registering for Sainsbury's Online Banking to access, view and manage your account online in our online support section.
The following charges will apply:
£5 for a duplicate statement.
Protection against money laundering
Before your account is fully active we'll need to verify your identity. This is to comply with money laundering regulations. In most cases we can do this electronically but we may need you to provide some documents to help us.
Before you apply
- Make sure you have your personal details to hand, including your NI number
- Have your Nectar card handy, to take advantage of any Nectar card promotions that may be on offer
- You must be over 18 and a UK resident to open a Cash ISA
- Please read our Terms and Conditions
- Please also see the Key Features and our Privacy Statement
Apply quickly and easily
- Apply online or by contacting us
- You must fund your Cash ISA within 30 days of opening it
Savings accounts are available from Sainsbury’s Bank to UK residents aged 18 years old or over. Sainsbury’s Bank reserves the right to alter rates at any time.
AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if paid and compounded once each year. **Tax Free: interest on your Cash ISA will be paid tax free. This means that your Cash ISA interest will not count toward your personal savings allowance. The favourable treatment of ISAs may change in the future and is dependent on your personal circumstances.
The tax treatment of savings interest changed from 6 April 2016. Find out more.