Why wait? Get a Sainsbury's home insurance quote today
Sainsbury's Home Insurance
Every home is different, that's why Sainsbury's Bank offers a choice of combined buildings and contents, contents only or buildings only cover, allowing you to get the right cover for you and your home. You can find out more about the product features and our latest offers.
Existing Sainsbury's car insurance customers will enjoy an extra discount when they take out a Sainsbury's home insurance policy
*30% off if you have 5 years claim free: New customers only. Minimum premiums apply.
^5,000 bonus Nectar points: Introductory offer available to new customers with a Nectar card who take out a new combined buildings and contents policy. Offer extended to 28th July 2014. Available when purchased directly with Sainsbury's Bank, by phone or online. Quotes and subsequent accepts from price comparison sites will not be eligible for bonus points. Points will be issued 60 days after the policy start date. If you cancel within this period your points will not be issued. Limited to one award of 5,000 points per household.
Sainsbury’s home insurance is underwritten by U K Insurance Limited, Registered office: The Wharf, Neville Street, Leeds LS1 4AZ. Registered in England No 1179980. U K Insurance Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
Retrieve a Quote
Offers for new customers
- 30% off if you have 5 years claim free
- Up to 20% online discount
Plus if you're an existing Sainsbury's car insurance customer you'll be entitled to an extra discount.
Additional offers for Nectar card holders
- 5,000 bonus Nectar points - when you take out a new combined buildings and contents policy direct from Sainsbury's Bank. Offer extended to 28th July 2014^
- Save up to an extra 15% - exclusive to Nectar card holders taking out a new home insurance policy† (at least 10% of Nectar card holders who are Sainsbury's shoppers achieved the maximum discount of 15% between 01/11/12 and 31/10/13)
- Double Nectar points on Sainsbury's shopping and fuel for 2 years - available when you quote and buy a new combined buildings and contents Premier Cover Home Insurance policy direct from Sainsbury's Bank**. Remember to renew your policy at the same cover level at first renewal to continue collecting double points
Minimum premiums apply to all offers above. Where multiple discounts apply, each discount is applied consecutively to the reduced premium.
Offer Terms and Conditions
If your policy starts with either SBY or NHP please visit our customer support section here.
All other policyholders please visit our customer support section here.
You will be able to:
- Find out how to make a claim
- Browse our frequently asked questions
- Find the contact numbers you need
- Learn more about our Customer Care policy
Tools, guides and resources
A range of tools and guides to help you keep your home and personal belongings safe and secure.
Guide to moving home (PDF 403KB) - A handy four part guide to help your move go as smoothly as possible
Protecting your home insurance - A guide to how to cover your home insurance and ensure it remains valid
Guide to improving your home (PDF 754KB) - A comprehensive guide on how to improve and add value to your home, featuring tips on budgeting, maximising your exisiting space and some energy saving ideas.
Guide to home insurance (PDF 713KB) - A comprehensive guide to all aspects of home and contents insurance, including the different types available and how to find the right policy for your circumstances.
Protecting your home against storm damage (PDF 706KB) - Our guide on how to cover your home against severe weather, such as floods, heavy snow and high winds.
How to go green at home (PDF 876KB) - How to make your home more environmentally friendly and improve its energy efficiency.
Guide to home security - A look at the precautions you can take to cover your family home and contents.
What is home insurance? - We explain the typical aspects of buildings and contents cover.
Security tips for students - Some steps you can take to help keep belongings safe at University or College.
Home insurance glossary - An A-Z glossary featuring commonly used home insurance terms.