How do I join Nectar?
Download the Nectar app or register at nectar.com
How do I register my Nectar card with Nectar?
Register your card by going to nectar.com and choosing the 'I already have a card' option. Then put in the last 11 digits of your Nectar card number (everything after '98263000') and follow the onscreen steps.
Where can I check how many points I have?
You can see your Nectar points total at the bottom of every Sainsbury's receipt. If you don't have a receipt handy, you can use the Nectar app on Apple and Android devices to check your points balance. You can also head to nectar.com and log in or register using your Nectar card number to find out how many points you have in your account. Please remember that Nectar points can take 48 hours to show up in your account – and points from Sainsbury’s Bank can take up to 60 days.
What do I collect Nectar points on at Sainsbury's?
You'll collect Nectar points on your grocery and fuel purchases at Sainsbury's stores and online. There are some things that you can't collect Nectar points on, such as tobacco, lottery tickets and gift vouchers, you can find the full exclusions list at nectar.com.
Where can I find out more about Nectar?
You can check out the Nectar website at nectar.com to find out more about Nectar membership and Nectar's other partners.
How do I link my Nectar account to my Sainsbury's Bank product to collect Nectar points?
You can link your Nectar account to your Sainsbury's Bank product by giving us a call. Just have your Nectar card number handy. We'll be happy to help.
What's the Double Nectar Points† offer?
If you have a qualifying Sainsbury's Bank product, we'll double the points you get when you swipe or scan your Nectar card in Sainsbury's stores and petrol stations. That means if you usually spend £60 a week on your shopping at Sainsbury's you'll get 120 points - 60 for swiping or scanning your Nectar card and an extra 60 for being a Sainsbury's Bank insurance customer.
Plus, if you have more than one qualifying insurance then this offer will continually increase. If you hold two qualifying insurances then you'll get triple points, three and you'll get quadruple points and so on. Your insurances just need to be different types e.g. home insurance and pet insurance - two pet insurance policies wouldn't count.
We don't double (or triple, or quadruple) bonus points, points from other offers, or points from purchases at Argos, Habitat, Sainsbury's Bank (including travel money purchases), Sainsbury's Energy or on any other Sainsbury's service.
How do I collect double Nectar points?
If you have a qualifying product with us and you gave us your Nectar card number when you took it out you can collect double Nectar points straight away. All you need to do is start spending and swiping or scanning your Nectar card at Sainsbury's supermarkets and petrol stations.
Not given us your Nectar card number? Get in touch and you can start collecting double Nectar points.
How will I get my bonus Nectar points?
We add up all the extra points you collect in a month and pay them into your Nectar account as a bonus payment by the 10th of the following month.
So if you spent £100 in Sainsbury’s in January, you could collect 100 Nectar points across your transactions plus an extra 100 Nectar points with your insurance product. These extra points would be paid into your Nectar account by 10th February.
How long will I get double Nectar points for?
You'll get double Nectar points for the duration of your policy - this offer will stop if your policy is cancelled or you stop paying premiums.
Can I collect double Nectar points with my current Sainsbury's Bank insurance policy?
Yes! If you have a qualifying product then just let us know what your Nectar card number is and you can start collecting double Nectar points. We’re sorry, but car insurance policies taken before 1st June 2011 don't qualify for this offer.
What’s the up to 3 Nectar points per £1 offer?**
If you have a qualifying credit card, you'll get 2 Nectar points for every £1 you spend at Sainsbury’s, Argos and Tu Clothing using your card. That’s on top of the 1 point per £1 for most purchases or 1 point per litre you get for swiping or scanning your Nectar card – so that could be a total of 3 points per £1.
Plus you'll get 1 point for every £5 you spend elsewhere.
That means if you spend £60 a week on your shopping at Sainsbury's or Argos you could get 180 points - 60 when you swipe or scan your Nectar card and 120 for paying with your Sainsbury's Bank Credit Card.*
How do I collect my up to 3 Nectar points per £1?
If you have a qualifying credit card and you’ve given us your Nectar card number, then all you need to do is start using your credit card and swiping or scanning your Nectar card at Sainsbury’s, Argos and Tu Clothing.
Not given us your Nectar card number? Get in touch and you can start collecting your bonus Nectar points.
How will I get my bonus Nectar points?
We add up all the bonus points you collect on your monthly credit card statement and pay them into your Nectar account as a bonus payment a few days after your statement date.
Terms and conditions
*If you are an existing credit card customer and took out your card before 6 October 2009, your card may not qualify for this Nectar offer, and this calculation may not be an accurate representation.
†Double Nectar points offer
1) Offer available to customers buying a new car insurance, home insurance, pet insurance, annual travel insurance, life insurance, decreasing life insurance or over 50s life insurance policy.
2) You need to tell us your Nectar card number when you apply, and use this card with each Sainsbury's purchase.
3) Double points begin on your policy’s cover start date. If you don’t tell us your Nectar card number until after your cover start date, double points will begin on the date you tell us.
4) Double points stop when the policy is cancelled or you stop paying premiums.
5) Each Nectar account can only collect points from one car, one home, one pet, one travel and one life insurance policy.
6) It’s only the base points you collect at Sainsbury’s that are doubled. Bonus points won’t be doubled, nor will any points from Argos, Habitat, Sainsbury’s Bank (including travel money purchases), Sainsbury’s Energy or any other Sainsbury’s service.
7) By the 10th of each month, you’ll get a bonus point award equal to the total of your qualifying points during the previous month, up to a maximum of 20,000 points.
8) Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd award the points from this offer. No cash alternative is available.
9) We reserve the right to change or cancel this offer without notice.
**Up to 3 Nectar points per £ conditions:
1. You can collect points by paying with your credit card.
2. We’ll award 2 points for each full £1 spent at Sainsbury’s, Argos, Habitat and Tu Clothing in the UK.
3. We’ll award 1 point for each full £5 spent everywhere else. This includes Argos eBay stores, Argos Clearance stores, Argos For Business, Argos Spares, Argos Financial Services, Sainsbury’s Bank, Sainsbury’s Energy, Sainsbury’s Cafes, Sainsbury’s e-Gift Cards and any other Sainsbury’s services.
4. We don’t award points on Travel Money purchases.
5. On each statement, we calculate the points due on each transaction separately, then total them up and add them to your Nectar account within 60 days.
6. You can collect additional points from Nectar partners, including up to 1 point per £1 in Sainsbury’s, Argos, Habitat and Tu Clothing, by scanning your Nectar app or using your Nectar card at the time of the transaction. You can find details of their collection rates at nectar.com
7. No cash alternative is available.
8. We reserve the right to change or cancel this offer without notice.