Frequently Asked Questions
You can go to sainsburysbank.co.uk/doublenectar, or pick up leaflets in store.
When you take out a qualifying insurance policy you'll collect double Nectar points on your Sainsbury's shopping and fuel. Remember to tell us your Nectar card number when you apply.
Yes – provided they are different products (e.g. a life insurance policy and a pet insurance policy). So if, for example, you collect 100 points in Sainsbury's in a month and have a qualifying life insurance policy and a qualifying pet insurance policy, we'll award you 100 bonus points because of the life insurance policy and a further 100 points for the pet insurance policy – a total of 300 points!
If you give your insurance provider a call they can add your Nectar card number to your account, providing your policy qualifies. Points will start to be calculated from the date you give us your Nectar card number.
You'll need to contact us on the number shown for your product on our Get In Touch page. If you have more than one product, you must call each separately.
You can call the Nectar Helpline on 0344 811 0811 or go online to nectar.com. Calls may be recorded for security purposes and monitored under quality control procedures.
Your base points from Sainsbury's will be added to your Nectar account as before.
The matching points collected as a result of your qualifying products will be calculated on the last business day of each month and we will add them to your Nectar account by the 10th of the following month.
We only match the base points you collect on your Sainsbury's purchases, so anything you would not normally collect points on will be excluded from this offer - see the FAQs at sainsburys.co.uk/nectar for more details. In addition, we won't double any bonus points, points from other offers, or points from Argos, Habitat, Sainsbury's Bank, Sainsbury's Energy or any other Sainsbury's service.
You can check your points on nectar.com. Your current points balance is shown at the bottom of your Sainsbury's till receipt. Remember, we calculate your points on the last business day of the month and add them to your Nectar account by the 10th of the following month.
Here are a few things to consider:
- Have you changed your Nectar card number?
- Have you missed payments on your insurance policy?
- Was your policy start date before 1st February 2017 and over two years ago?
If the answer to any of these questions is 'yes', we will have stopped your points. Please call us on the number shown on our Get In Touch page if you need more help.
Check that you haven't exceeded the monthly maximum of 20,000 points. Then check how you've collected your points – we won’t double any bonus points, points from other offers, or points from Argos, Habitat, Sainsbury’s Bank, Sainsbury’s Energy or any other Sainsbury's service. Then, if everything else is fine, call us on the number shown for your product on our Get In Touch page.
It's likely that you have more than one Sainsbury's Bank product in our double Nectar points offer.
We're sorry, this offer is only open to new policy/account holders. You can, however, still apply for one of the other qualifying products.
We only award points for the first account/policy of each type of product.
We're sorry, the offer is only available to customers taking out new qualifying accounts/policies during the offer period. However, if you take out one of the other products in the offer, you could qualify for double points on it.
We will have matched the base points you collected on your Sainsbury's shopping for the month, up to a maximum of 20,000 points.
1. Our qualifying criteria changed on 1st February 2017. Sainsbury's Bank Car Insurance, Home Insurance, Pet Insurance, Annual Travel Insurance, Life Insurance, Decreasing Life Insurance and Over 50s Life Insurance policies all qualify for this offer if the cover start date is on or after this date.
For policies with a cover start date before 1st February 2017, only selected levels of cover qualify. You must renew your car, home, pet or travel policy with a qualifying level of cover to continue collecting double points. These policies stop qualifying for double points 24 months after the cover start date. Your policy quote must have originated on the Sainsbury's Bank website or on the telephone. Qualifying covers are: Premier Cover Car Insurance; combined buildings and contents Premier Cover Home Insurance; Premier or Premier Plus Pet Insurance; Annual Travel Insurance; Life Insurance, Decreasing Life Insurance and Over 50s Life Insurance.
2. You need to tell us your Nectar card number when you apply, and use this card with each Sainsbury's purchase.
3. Double points begin on your policy's cover start date. If you don't tell us your Nectar card number until after your cover start date, double points will begin on the date you tell us.
4. Double points stop when the policy is cancelled, you stop paying premiums or your policy no longer qualifies.
5. Each Nectar account can only collect points from one car, one home, one pet, one travel and one life insurance policy.
6. It's only the base points you collect at Sainsbury's that are doubled. Bonus points won't be doubled, nor will any points from Argos, Habitat, Sainsbury's Bank, Sainsbury's Energy or any other Sainsbury's service.
7. By the 10th of each month, you'll get a bonus point award equal to the total of your base points during the previous month, up to a maximum of 20,000 points.
8. Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd award the points from this offer. Aimia Coalition Loyalty UK Ltd run the Nectar loyalty programme.
9. No cash alternative is available. Sainsbury's Bank reserves the right to alter, cancel or withdraw this offer without notice.
Pet Insurance: Sold, underwritten and administered by Allianz Insurance plc. Life Insurance & Over 50s Life Insurance: Provided by Legal & General Assurance Society Ltd. Travel Insurance: Underwritten by Cigna Europe Insurance Company S.A-N.V. Car Insurance and Home Insurance: Arranged and administered by Sainsbury's Bank and underwritten by a carefully selected range of insurers. When you get a quote we will tell you who the insurer is before you buy the policy.