Frequently Asked Questions
You can go to sainsburysbank.co.uk/doublenectar, or pick up leaflets in store.
When you take out a Sainsbury's Bank qualifying product you could collect double Nectar points on your Sainsbury's shopping for up to 2 years and with a monthly maximum of 2,500 points per qualifying product. Insurance must be renewed at same cover level to continue collecting double points.
Yes – provided they are different products (e.g. a home insurance policy and a life insurance policy. So if, for example, you collect 100 points in Sainsbury's in a month and have a qualifying car insurance policy and a qualifying pet insurance policy, we'll award you 100 bonus points because of the car insurance policy and a further 100 points for the pet insurance policy – a total of 300 points!
We're sorry but in most cases you can't take part in the offer. You must have your Nectar card number ready when you call to take out any of the products.
You'll need to contact us on the number shown for your product in the Get In Touch link opposite. If you have more than one product, you must call each separately.
You can call the Nectar Helpline on 0344 811 0811 or go online to nectar.com. Calls may be recorded for security purposes and monitored under quality control procedures.
Your base points from Sainsbury's will be added to your Nectar account as before.
The matching points collected as a result of your qualifying products will be calculated on the last business day of each month and we will add them to your Nectar account by the 10th of the following month.
We only match the base points you collect on your Sainsbury's purchases, so anything you would not normally collect points on will be excluded from this offer - see the FAQs at sainsbury's.co.uk/nectar for more details. In addition, we will not match bonus point offer nor points collected with Sainsbury's Energy, Telecoms, Digital, Bank, Entertainment and all other Sainsbury's services.
You can check your points on nectar.com, or your Nectar statement. Your current points balance is shown at the bottom of your Sainsbury's till receipt. Remember, we calculate your points on the last business day of the month and add them to your Nectar account by the 10th of the following month.
Here are a few things to consider:
If the answer to any of these questions is 'yes', we will have stopped your points. Please call us on the number shown on the Get In Touch link opposite if you need more help.
Check that you haven't exceeded the monthly maximum of 2,500 points per product. Then check how you've collected your points – we don’t match points collected with Sainsbury's Energy, Telecoms, Digital, Bank, Entertainment and all other Sainsbury's services, and we don’t match bonus points. Then, if everything else is fine, call us on the number shown for your product on the Get In Touch link opposite.
It's likely that you have more than one Sainsbury's Bank product in our double Nectar points offer.
We're sorry, this offer is only open to new policy/account holders. You can, however, still apply for one of the other qualifying products.
We only award points for the first account/policy of each type of product.
We're sorry, the offer is only available to customers taking out new qualifying accounts/policies during the offer period. However, if you take out one of the other products in the offer, you could qualify for double points on it.
We're sorry, you need to have both buildings and contents cover to qualify for this offer.
Yes, we won't cancel your policy, we'll just amend the one you have.
We will have matched the base points you collected on your Sainsbury's shopping for the month, up to a maximum of 2,500 points.
The Reward Loan was closed to new applications on the 16th December 2014. All applications made before this date will be honoured. All Nectar points already collected and any further points collected over the two year double Nectar point offer will continue to be credited to your account as normal. Your loan will continue to run as normal until the end of its term or if you choose to repay it early (whatever comes first). If you have any further questions, please contact us.
Double Nectar Points Offer Terms & Conditions
1. Qualifying accounts: Only available to customers taking a new qualifying Sainsbury’s Bank Home, Car, Pet, Life (including Over 50s) or Travel Insurance policy. Only the first account/policy of each of these five types registered against each Nectar account is eligible. You may qualify for additional points by taking out other qualifying products. Quote must have originated on the Sainsbury's Bank website or on the telephone. Quotes and subsequent accepts from price comparison sites will not be eligible for double Nectar points. Home insurance: combined buildings and contents Premier Cover Home Insurance policies only. Car insurance: Premier Cover Car Insurance policies only. Pet Insurance: Premier or Premier Plus policies only. Life Insurance & Over 50s Life Insurance: You must continue to pay policy premiums for two years to continue collecting double points. Travel Insurance: Annual Travel Insurance policies only.
2. Start date for double points: For insurances, the start date is the policy cover start date.
3. Points calculation: You collect base points when you shop as normal. These are the points excluding bonuses. Then each month by the 10th you’ll receive a bonus equal to your previous month’s base points up to a maximum of 1,250 points. We’ll do this for up to 24 months from the start date of your policy. We won’t double any points you earn from other offers, or points from Sainsbury’s Energy, Telecoms, Digital, Entertainment, eBooks, Bank and all other Sainsbury’s services.
4. Account closure: If your insurance policy is cancelled, double points will stop from the date of cancellation. If you don't renew your home, car, pet or travel insurance policy at first renewal with a qualifying level of cover, double points will stop from renewal date.
5. General: The monthly bonus will only be calculated on, and credited to the Nectar card nominated at the time of application. The nominated card must also be used at the time of each Sainsbury's purchase and points will not be allocated retrospectively. Nectar points are awarded to you by Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd. The Nectar loyalty programme is operated by Aimia Coalition Loyalty UK Ltd. The collection and use of points is governed by the Nectar Collector Rules set out in the registration pack and available at www.nectar.com. Sainsbury's Bank reserves the right to alter, cancel or withdraw this offer without prior notice. No cash alternative available.