Helpful advice for pet owners
What does Sainsbury’s Bank multi-pet insurance offer?
Covering all your cats and dogs in one place lets you be sure all your pets have the cover they need. Plus, our online portal makes the admin easy. So, you can spend a bit less time on the paperwork and a bit more time with your pets. You’ll also save enough to buy them an extra little treat with our multi-pet discount†.
- Enjoy a discount of £1 per pet, each month, on a multi pet policy†
- We’ll double your Nectar points on Sainsbury’s shopping and fuel**
- Additional discount for Nectar members*
- Manage your policies online using My Pet Portal
- 24/7 access to qualified vet nurses over the phone or via web chat
The multi-pet cover options for your cats and dogs
Having a poorly pet can be a worrying time. But we're here to help cover the cost of vet fees. You'll get a range of benefits as standard (eligibility criteria and conditions apply, see full policy documents for details), meaning you can focus on looking after each of your pets.
|Description||Cover for 12 months or up to max amount below
|Covers up to max amount each year
|Treatment period||12 months||unlimited|
|Treatment basis||per condition||per year|
|Maximum benefit||Time limited £3,000||Lifetime up to £7,500|
|Dental Cover||up to £3,000||up to £7,500|
|Complementary Treatment||£500||up to £1,500|
|Physiotherapy||£500||up to £1,500|
|Behavioural illnesses (excludes the cost of any damage to your home)||up to £3,000||up to £7,500|
|Overseas veterinary treatment||up to £3,000||up to £7,500|
With our Lifetime pet insurance, you get access to £2,500, £5,000 or £7,500 towards vet costs each year – depending on the level of cover you choose. We've used Lifetime £7,500 cover as an example in the table above.
|Maximum benefit||Time limited||Lifetime|
|Death from accident/injury||£1,000||£1,500|
|Death from illness||£1,000||£1,500|
|Advertising & reward (dogs must be microchipped)||£1,000||£1,500|
|Theft or straying (dogs must be microchipped)||£1,000||£1,500|
|Emergency boarding kennel/cattery fees (if you're ill/injured for over 48hrs)||£1,000||£1,500|
|3rd party liability (dogs only)||£2 million||£2 million|
|Maximum benefit||Time limited||Lifetime|
|Holiday cancellation||£1,000||up to £3,000|
|Loss of healthcare cert||£250||£250|
|Emergency expenses abroad||£1,000||£1,500|
Please note that we won't cover any pre-existing conditions and that terms, conditions, excesses, exclusions and limitations apply. You can find out more about the terms of our cover in our policy documents.
Ready to buy multi-pet policies today?
Let’s get the right cover in place. You can compare prices depending on the cover you need and find the best policies for you. Once you’re done, you can relax knowing that no matter which one of your pets needs help, professional treatment is on hand. Hit the button to get started now.Get a multi-pet insurance quote
Handy pet guides
We know how much you love your pets. That’s why we’ve put together a series of helpful step-by-step guides to help you with everything from training and microchipping to animal health.
If you have questions about multi-pet insurance, or pet insurance, try our FAQs. You’ll find answers to the most commonly asked questions, such as how do I make a claim, where do I find the right vet and how do I choose the right policy? It’s a great place to start for you and your pets.Get an answer
Need to talk to us?
Find the details you need in our FAQs.
*The discount is based on information related to you and the Sainsbury’s and Sainsbury’s Bank transactions linked to your Nectar account. For more information on how we use your data, go to sainsburysbank.co.uk/privacy.
**Double Nectar points.
1) Only available to customers buying a new Sainsbury's Bank Pet Insurance policy.
2) You need to tell us your Nectar card number when you apply; and scan or swipe that card, or input your card number, with each Sainsbury’s purchase.
3) Double points begin on your policy's cover start date. If you don't tell us your Nectar card number until after your cover start date, double points will begin on the date you tell us.
4) Double points stop when the policy is cancelled or you stop paying premiums.
5) Each Nectar account can only collect points from one pet insurance policy.
6) It’s only the base points you collect at Sainsbury’s that are doubled. Bonus points won’t be doubled, nor will any points from Argos, Habitat, Sainsbury’s Bank (including travel money purchases), Sainsbury’s Energy or any other Sainsbury’s service.
7) By the 10th of each month, you'll get a bonus point award equal to the total of your qualifying points during the previous month, up to a maximum of 20,000 points.
8) Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd award the points from this offer. No cash alternative is available.
9) We reserve the right to change or cancel this offer without notice.
†Multi-pet discount is a minimum of £24 when insuring more than one pet as this is worked out at £1 per pet per month for each pet on a policy. Pets can have different cover levels. Discount deducted separately from any other offer.
Sainsbury's Bank plc, Registered Office, 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT (registered in England and Wales, no. 3279730) is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (register no. 184514). Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd is an appointed representative of Sainsbury's Bank plc.
Sainsbury's Bank plc acts as an introducer to Pinnacle Insurance plc who is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (register number 110866). Registered Office: Pinnacle House, A1 Barnet Way, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, WD6 2XX. Sainsbury’s Bank plc and Pinnacle Insurance plc are not part of the same corporate group.