Skip to content
Jewellery cover for your precious possessions

Jewellery cover for your precious possessions

Protect the things that matter most

Home insurance with jewellery cover

Jewellery cover isn't just for aristocrats. If you total up the value of your precious gems, wedding rings and grandmother’s pearls, you might be surprised by how much they're worth. That's why we include protection for jewellery as standard with our contents insurance.

Jewellery cover is for precious items like engagement rings and watches if they get stolen from your home. We keep things simple, as both our contents insurance and our combined buildings and contents insurance automatically include jewellery cover. Our UK customers can relax in the knowledge that we’ll help cover their valuables, without having to compare jewellery insurance quotes.

What Sainsbury’s Bank Home Insurance covers for jewellery

Our contents insurance can help cover you for:

  • Specified and unspecified valuable items up to a maximum of £25,000
  • Single item jewellery insurance up to £2,000

Specified items are things you've told us you own and want to insure under your contents insurance. So when you take out your policy, think about whether anything you own could be worth more than £2,000. If you're not sure, it's worth getting your jewellery valued.

Protect your sparkle with engagement ring cover

Whether wedding bells are in the air or you’re celebrating your diamond anniversary, engagement rings are often our most valuable piece – so make sure you help protect it with jewellery insurance. Our UK customers can be covered for rings worth up to £2,000. If your ring is worth more than that, you’ll need to specify it as part of your quote.

Ready to get a quote?

Sainsbury’s Bank offers combined buildings and contents insurance, as well as separate buildings insurance and contents insurance policies. And you can buy extra cover for when you’re away from home, with our personal possessions insurance.

Buildings and contents insurance

Save time, effort and cash with a single policy designed to protect your home and the things in it. We can help cover your home up to £1 million and contents up to £75,000

Contents insurance

Maybe you’re renting or already have building insurance? Our contents cover includes things like jewellery, bike cover and accidental damage as standard

Personal possessions cover

If you'd like to insure your valuables – including your jewellery, mobile phone and gadgets – while you're out and about, add Personal Possessions Cover to your policy

Extra things to think about with high value jewellery cover

It’s worth taking a bit more time when you’re buying home insurance with high value jewellery cover.

Make sure you have an accurate valuation for jewellery you’ve bought or been given recently. And check to see if things you’ve inherited have gone up in value – granny’s engagement ring might be worth more than you thought. Your insurer might also need to see proof of ownership for any jewellery item you claim for.

Take pictures of your jewellery too, especially any identifying marks like an engraving. That way it can be easier to recover items if the worst happens and they’re lost or stolen.

Check out our guide to valuables for more information. And for tips on keeping your home safe and sound, take a look at our guide to home security.

What’s not included in our jewellery cover

Sainsbury’s Bank contents insurance doesn't cover jewellery if:

  • Someone lied to you so they could steal it – also known as theft or loss through deception – unless they lied so they could get into your home
  • You're looking after it for someone else

Engagement rings, watches, necklaces and earrings aren’t automatically covered under your home insurance policy when you’re away. You should check if your jewellery is covered by your travel insurance.

Also bear in mind that cover limits, exclusions and excesses may apply. Take a look at our policy document for full details.

Optional extras

You've laid solid foundations with Sainsbury’s Bank’s standard cover. Now you can choose from a range of optional extras to create insurance that fits your life. Give you, your family, and your treasured possessions even more protection.

  • Enhanced Accidental Damage Cover – for both contents and buildings insurance
  • Personal Possessions Cover – in and outside your home – including your mobile phone and your gadgets. Also includes bike cover away from home
  • Home Emergency Cover – can help if you need to repair things like a burst pipe or a gas leak
  • Family Legal Protection – can help cover your costs if you have to go to court for a private legal dispute
  • Excess Cover – so that you can get your total excess refunded if you make an eligible claim

Got a question?

Please take a look at the frequently asked questions on our home insurance.