Our Contents Cover
It's what's on the inside that counts. When you think about how much your belongings are worth, it can really start to add up. So if you were burgled or there was a fire in your home, you might struggle to replace all your things in one go. That's unless you have contents insurance to soften the blow.
What is contents insurance?
Home contents insurance covers your belongings – generally, anything you would take with you when you moved house. If your things are lost, stolen or damaged, we can help with the cost of fixing or replacing them.
What we cover
Our Contents Cover will make sure you're not out of pocket if something happens to your worldly possessions. Whether they're lost, stolen or damaged by things like flood, fire, theft or vandalism.
Here are just some of the things you'll get as standard when you buy cover:
- Contents cover – up to £75,000 sum insured and up to £2,000 for a single valuable item as standard
- Accidental damage cover – for things like your TV, DVD players or laptop when they're in your home. Plus, for an extra cost, you can add our optional extra Accidental Damage Cover for even more protection, like spilling paint on your new carpet.
- Mobile phone and gadget cover – if they're lost or stolen in your home – plus you can add extra protection with our Personal Possessions Cover for when you're out and about.
- Jewellery cover – we'll pay up to a maximum of £25,000 for jewellery that is stolen or damaged.
- Bike cover – if your bike is taken from your home, we'll pay up to £750 to replace it – and you can add extra protection with our Personal Possessions Cover, for an additional cost, to cover you when you're on the road.
Have a look in our policy document for a full list of what's covered by our buildings and contents insurance – and what's not.
Now you have your contents covered, our buildings insurance can take care of the fixtures and fittings – and the all-important structure of your home.
Furnish your cover with our optional extras
Now you've laid the foundations with our standard cover, for an extra cost you can build on it with our optional extras to give you, your family, and your treasured possessions even more protection.
- Extra Accidental Damage Cover – for both contents and buildings insurance
- Personal Possessions Cover – in and outside your home – including your mobile phone and your gadgets. Also includes bike cover away from home.
- Home Emergency Cover – for your repairs for things like a burst pipe or a gas leak
- Key Cover – get replacement locks and keys, and access to a nationwide network of locksmiths if you're locked out
- Family Legal Protection – cover your costs if you have to go to court for a private legal dispute