Contents cover, accidental damage
Accidents happen. And when they do, it's not just seven years bad luck if you smash your mirror, it can be pretty pricey if you break your new TV or your laptop slips off your knee. With our contents insurance, some accidental damage cover comes as standard, so you can sleep tight knowing we've got some of the big things taken care of.
What is accidental damage contents insurance?
It's protection against the cost of repairing your belongings when they get damaged by mistake. It's usually an optional extra, but our Contents Cover includes some accidental damage cover as standard.
What we cover as standard
With our contents insurance, you're protected for accidental damage within the home to things like:
- TV, audio or video equipment and digital boxes
- DVD players and games consoles
- Desktop PCs, laptops and computer equipment
- Electronic tablets and notebooks
You're also covered for damage to:
- Receiving aerials and satellite equipment fixed to your home
- Fixed glass in furniture, mirrors, shelves and ceramic hobs.
You're not covered for things like loss or damage:
- Caused by scratching or denting
- Caused by a computer virus
- Caused by domestic pets
You can find a full list of what's covered and what's not covered in our policy document.
Looking for even more protection?
You can add extra Accidental Damage Cover to both our Buildings Cover and Contents Cover:
Furnish your cover with our optional extras
Now you've laid the foundations with our standard cover, for an extra cost you can build on it with our optional extras to give you, your family, and your treasured possessions even more protection.