Skip to content

Sainsbury's Bank

Extra accidental damage cover

For extra peace of mind

Extra accidental damage cover

Do you need extra cover for accidental damage?

For many of us, our homes are more than just a place to live. Whether your property is an investment or your pride and joy, chances are you want to keep it in good shape. Sometimes that might mean dealing with pricey repairs, if bad luck strikes.

What is extra accidental damage on buildings insurance?

In short, it’s additional cover that can help you with the cost of repairs if you accidentally damage your property. It also applies if someone else is responsible for the damage. After all, even experienced tradespeople can make mistakes.

We include some accidental damage cover as part of our standard buildings or contents insurance. But if you want more cover we also offer it as an optional extra, at an additional cost.

What’s covered?

Extra accidental damage cover on your buildings insurance gives your home insurance an added boost, covering you for some types of accidental damage that our main buildings insurance won’t.

And by ‘accidents’, we mean one-off incidents that are non-deliberate. It will cover you for mishaps like putting your foot through the attic floor, drilling through a water pipe or cutting a cable in two by mistake.

Rather than being left with the problem, your policy will cover the cost of repairing or replacing it.