Buildings cover, accidental damage
It's always the way. When you're fixing something, you end up breaking something else. So it's good to know that some buildings accidental damage is covered as standard under our buildings insurance.
What is accidental damage buildings insurance?
It's protection against the cost of repairing your home when someone damages your property by mistake. It's usually an optional extra, but our home insurance has some accidental damage cover as standard. So you can sleep tight knowing we've got the big things taken care of.
What we cover
Some accidents are covered as standard under your buildings cover:
- Accidental breakage of fitted ceramic hobs, sanitary ware and fixed glass – so that's your loo, sinks, and the glass in the windows and doors taken care of as well as your ceramic hob.
- Accidental damage to services – that's drains, pipes and cables that serve your home. For example, if someone needs to break into a blocked sewer pipe under your grounds because it can't be unblocked any other way, our policy covers up to £1,000 of the cost of breaking and repairing it.
What's not covered
With accidental breakage of fitted ceramic hobs, sanitary ware and fixed glass, you're not covered for things like:
With accidental damage to services, you're not covered for the cost of things like:
- Fixing damage to any part of the pipe or cable above ground
- Clearing drains or pipes above ground
You can find a full list of what's covered and what's not covered in our policy document.
Looking for even more protection?
You can add extra Accidental Damage Cover to both our Buildings Cover and Contents Cover, for an additional cost:
- Contents extra Accidental Damage Cover – for things like splashing paint all over the carpet or getting ink on the brand new sofa.
- Buildings extra Accidental Damage Cover – for things like putting a nail through a pipe or putting your foot through the attic floor.
Furnish your cover with our optional extras
Now you've laid the foundations with our standard cover, for an extra cost you can build on it with our optional extras to give you, your family, and your treasured possessions even more protection.
- Key Cover – get replacement locks and keys and access to a nationwide network of locksmiths if you're locked out
- Family Legal Protection – cover your costs if you have to go to court for a private legal dispute
- Home Emergency Cover – for your repairs to things like a burst pipe or a gas leak
- Personal Possessions Cover – in and outside your home – including for your mobile phone and your gadgets. Also includes bike cover away from home.