Looking for a bank loan?
Planning a big event or purchase? Maybe you’re planning some home improvements or buying a new family car – it all adds up. You’ve come to the right place – a Sainsbury’s Bank Loan could be the answer.
The key features of applying for a loan with Sainsbury’s Bank are:
- 2.8% APR representative for Nectar members, when you borrow £7,500 - £25,000 for 37-60 months
- Pay back your loan over 1-7 years (depending on your loan value) with manageable, fixed monthly instalments
- You can borrow between £1,000 - £30,000 if you’re a Nectar member, non-Nectar members can borrow up to £25,000
- No application or arrangement fee
Apply for your loan online
Ready to get the ball rolling? If you're applying for a loan on your own, it’s now quicker than ever to apply.
- You could get your money in as little as 2 hours, or the next business day, if you’re accepted
- Our online application is quick and easy to complete, you can sign your agreement online, and upload any documents we might need
- Find out your interest rate and how likely you are to be accepted – without harming your credit score
Use our calculator to start your loan application today. We’ll work out your possible interest rate, monthly payment amount and total cost in just a few clicks. All quotations given are for illustrative purposes only.Find out more
Compare our loans
Whether you want to borrow a small amount to give your home a DIY boost or need a bit extra, we’ve got borrowing options to suit you.
Before applying for a loan
Wondering how to get a loan? Our loan application process is quick and simple, just enter how much you’d like to borrow in the calculator to get started today.
But before you apply, there are a few things you should think about.
To apply for a loan, you need to:
- Be at least 18 years old and less than 80 when you apply. You should also be under 83 when the loan is due to be repaid
- Have a UK-based bank or building society account that can accept Direct Debits. If you’re applying for a joint loan, the first named applicant must be named on this bank account
- Have a permanent UK address
- Be in permanent paid employment or retired with a pension
- Have a gross annual income of over £7,500
- Not have a history of County Court Judgments or bankruptcy
We won’t lend for any of the following purposes:
- Business purposes
- Buying a property
- Deposit for a property
Have a look at our full list of lending criteria.
Also make sure you read the Statement of Lender and Borrower Responsibilities. This outlines our key responsibilities and what we ask of you in relation to your loan.
To make it easier for you, please have the following to hand when you're ready to apply:
- Your residential address(es) for the past three years
- Your sort code and account number
- Details of your monthly incomings and outgoings
- Your employer's name and address
- If you’re a Nectar member, you’ll need to add your Nectar card number to your application
We want to make sure we’re offering you the right level of support throughout your application. If you’re unsure of how the process or loan will work, see where we’ve answered some of our customers frequently answered questions.
Do you know of any likely, upcoming changes to your circumstances that could affect your ability to cover your loan repayments? If so, please get in touch to discuss an application, rather than applying online.
Things to consider could include:
- Fewer working hours
- Maternity/paternity leave
- Increase in your living costs (like higher rent or mortgage payments)
Lines are open: Mon-Fri 8am-10pm, Sat 8.30am-6pm and Sun 9.30am-5.30pm. Telephone calls may be recorded for security purposes and monitored under our quality control procedures.
What do you plan to use your loan for?
A loan can be a great way to help spread the cost of an upcoming big expense. Or to help get your finances back on track by combing all your borrowing into one lowered interest manageable payment.
Looking for more information? We have a range of helpful loans tools and guides.