A great option if you're planning just one trip away
Find out more
Always check your policy schedule and terms and conditions, as our policy coverage has changed since the COVID outbreak, depending on when you bought your policy.
New policies sold from the 7th October 2020 include, as standard:
Don’t forget to check the latest Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) and local government travel advice before you go. Our policy does not provide cover if you travel to a destination where the FCDO advises against ‘all but essential’ travel unless you have purchased the Enhanced Covid-19 add on.
For full details of the Covid-19 cover provided on new policies take a look at our policy booklet.
We now have the option to add Enhanced Covid-19 Cover to your policy, for added protection when you travel. If you add this extra cover, you will be protected if you visit anywhere in Europe even if the FCDO advises against all but essential travel, solely as a result of COVID 19. Adding Enhanced Covid-19 Cover is only £11 extra for a single trip and £15 for an annual multi trip and covers everyone on the policy. To add this additional protection just select the ‘Enhanced Covid-19 Cover’ when you quote.
The Enhanced Covid-19 Cover also includes:
Please be aware this cover is only available to those customers who are travelling to a country within Europe and have taken the UK recommended vaccinations when offered to them. If you have not been offered a vaccination due to a shortage in supply, you would not be covered.
For full details and exclusions of the Covid-19 cover provided on new policies take a look at our policy booklet.
Before you jet off, consider protecting yourself against holiday mishaps with Sainsbury’s Bank Travel Insurance. Often referred to as holiday insurance, travel insurance could help cover the cost of any unexpected medical expenses or damaged personal items while you’re abroad. It could even reimburse you if you need to cancel a trip or cut it short.
Our travel insurance can be tailored to make sure you have the right level of cover in place. That means you can focus on what matters most – enjoying your holiday.
Wherever your adventure takes you, you should think about taking travel insurance too. Explore our travel insurance policies for your next holiday.
Find out more about some of our key benefits and optional extras for ultimate travel protection.
All Sainsbury’s Bank Travel Insurance policies can be tailored to cover many pre-existing medical conditions.
A pre-existing medical condition is an injury, illness, disease or other medical condition that happens before your holiday starts.
You need to declare it before you get your quote. You’ll also need to let us know about any new medical conditions that arise before your policy starts. And if the nature of a condition you’ve declared changes, you need to let us know about that too.Learn more
Need help getting ready for your trip? We’ve got a whole host of useful tools and information for travellers.
Whether you’re looking for comprehensive travel insurance or affordable holiday insurance for a single trip, we can help.
Buy travel insurance online or by phone so you can enjoy your well-deserved break knowing that you’re covered.Get a quote
If you already have a travel insurance policy with us and need help with something, visit our customer support section.
No problem; just download the Nectar app or register at nectar.com.
Call 0345 305 2621.
Sales and service lines are open 9am-5pm Monday to Friday. Closed weekend and Bank Holidays. Calls may be monitored or recorded. Calls are charged at local rates from landlines and mobiles.
* Up to 20% discount applies when you tell us your Nectar card number. Discount does not apply to premiums for pre-existing medical conditions, enhanced gadget cover or Enhanced Covid-19 Cover. You won't be eligible if you buy through a price comparison website. We reserve the right to change or cancel this offer without notice.
† Double Nectar points
1. Only available to customers buying a Sainsbury's Bank Annual Travel Insurance policy
2. You need to tell us your Nectar card number when you apply; and scan or swipe that card, or input your card number, with each Sainsbury’s purchase
3. Double points begin on your policy's cover start date. If you don't tell us your Nectar card number until after your cover start date, double points will begin on the date you tell us
4. Double points stop when the policy is cancelled or you stop paying premiums
5. Each Nectar account can only collect points from one travel insurance policy
6. It’s only the base points you collect at Sainsbury’s that are doubled. Bonus points won’t be doubled, nor will any points from Argos, Habitat, Sainsbury’s Bank (including travel money purchases), Sainsbury’s Energy or any other Sainsbury’s service
7. By the 10th of each month, you'll get a bonus point award equal to the total of your qualifying points during the previous month, up to a maximum of 20,000 points
8. Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd award the points from this offer. No cash alternative is available
9. We reserve the right to change or cancel this offer without notice
Sainsbury’s Bank Travel Insurance is underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE, a German insurance company with its headquarters at Königinstrasse 107, 80802 Munich. UK Branch office: 10 Fenchurch Avenue, London, EC3M 5BN, company number SE000083. Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch, is authorised and regulated by Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website.
Sainsbury’s Bank Travel Insurance is sold and administered by Hood Travel Limited, registered at Companies House 08318836. Hood Travel is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 597211. Hood Travel Limited’s registered address is at 52/54 Alexandra Street, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS1 1BJ. Hood Travel is an insurance intermediary providing a non-advised service. We act for and on behalf of the insurer.