Our Buildings and Contents Cover

With all the time and effort you put into making a house a home, it's a good idea to make sure you've got everything from the walls to the wellies covered. And our combined buildings and contents insurance could be just the thing.

What is buildings and contents insurance?

With building and contents insurance – sometimes called house and contents insurance – you're covered for repairs or replacements when it comes to damage, loss and theft. Things like the walls and roof, fixtures and fittings are taken care of with Buildings Cover. And your personal belongings, including clothes, furnishings and jewellery, are protected by Contents Cover.

What we cover

With our Buildings and Contents Cover, you get all the features of our Buildings Cover and our Contents Cover in one neat package. We'll cover your home and your belongings if they're damaged by things like vandalism, flooding or a storm – even an earthquake. We'll also help with your costs if something gets lost or stolen.

Here are just some of the things you'll get as standard when you buy our cover:

  • Buildings cover – up to £1 million sum insured as standard
  • Contents cover ‐ up to £75,000 sum insured and up to £2,000 for a single valuable item as standard
  • Accidental damage cover – for things like your drains and pipes, your TVs and DVD players, plus you can get even more protection if you add our optional extra Accidental Damage Cover for an additional cost.
  • Trace and access – we'll find and fix any water or oil leaks from your home appliances or installations.
  • Mobile phone and gadget cover – you're covered if they're lost or stolen in your home, plus you can add Personal Possessions Cover for when you're out and about.
  • Jewellery cover – we'll pay up to a maximum of £25,000 for jewellery that is stolen or damaged.
  • Bike cover – if your bike is taken from your home, we'll pay up to £750 to replace it, and you can add Personal Possessions Cover, for an extra cost, which covers your bike when you're away from home.

Have a look in our policy document for a full list of what's covered by our buildings and contents insurance – and what's not.

If you don't need the belt and the braces...

You can buy our Contents Cover or Buildings Cover separately.

Furnish your cover with our optional extras

Once you've laid the foundations with our standard cover, for an extra cost you can build on it with our optional extras to give you, your family, and your treasured possessions even more protection.

If you’ve already paid a little extra and gone with our Home Plus cover, you’ll benefit from Home Emergency Cover and Family Legal Cover as standard.