How to use our currency converter
Using our currency converter is simple:
1. Choose the currency of your destination – you’ll find over 50 currencies in the dropdown box
2. Are you a Nectar member? Click Yes and get a better exchange rate, or click No and see the standard rate
3. Input the number of Pounds you’d like to exchange – the calculator will instantly convert the currency
If you’re not jetting off just yet, you can check the rate each day with our currency converter.
Get our best exchange rate
As a Nectar member, you’ll get even better exchange rates when you buy travel money**. Just let us know you’re a member and our currency converter will update the rate automatically.
Not a Nectar member? No problem. Just download the Nectar app or register at nectar.com.
Why buy currency from us?
- Better rates for Nectar members**
- 0% commission on all foreign currencies
- Order online for collection at an instore bureau
- FREE home delivery on cash orders of £400 or more*
Buy travel money in minutes with our currency converter
Your holiday spending cash is just a few clicks away:
1. Use our online currency converter at the top of the page to get best exchange rate
2. Select the currency you want to buy
3. Enter the amount of money you need, let us know if you’re a Nectar member, and our currency converter will automatically update
4. Choose how you would like your travel money – whether it’s in cash or on a Travel Money Card
5. Click Order now and proceed to the next page – your order value will be rounded up to the nearest available currency amount
6. Choose how you wish to receive your money – either home delivery or Click & Collect
7. Enter your personal and payment details
8. Confirm and place your order
Collection and delivery
With online orders you can collect in as little as 4 hours in store (Euro and USD and Travel Money card only). Or you can have your travel money delivered straight to your door. And if you buy Monday-Friday before 2pm online, you’ll get your money the next working day* (excludes Highlands and Islands).
1. Delivery is free on orders of £400 or more
2. For orders between £100 and £399.99, the delivery fee is £4.99
3. The minimum order for home delivery is £100
Prefer to buy in person?
We have travel money bureaux in selected Sainsbury’s stores across the UK where you can buy foreign currency.
Rates may vary depending on whether you buy instore, online or by phone.
We buy back leftover holiday money
Don’t let leftover travel money go to waste. We buy back foreign currency to give your spare cash new life. Just take it to one of our instore bureaux and we’ll buy it back from you.
We offer currency buy back for most foreign currency notes in denominations we sell (buy back rates vary daily). You’ll receive your money in notes and coins in Pounds. In addition, we have coin collection boxes in our bureaux where you can deposit your foreign coins. These coins are then donated to charity, making a meaningful difference in the lives of those in need.
Prefer a Travel Money Card?
If you’d rather not travel with cash, a prepaid travel card might work better for you.
With the Sainsbury’s Bank Travel Money Card, you can carry up to 15 currencies every time you travel. Simply pre-load your card and top it up when you need to.