Find out how to give your bunny the best care and attention.
Why choose our pet insurance for rabbits?
- Comprehensive cover
Benefit from Lifetime pet insurance – the most comprehensive cover we offer
- Free vet advice, day and night
Get 24/7 access to Vet Assistance when you buy pet insurance for bunnies or rabbits for any health questions you may have
- Save more with Nectar
We’ve pulled a rabbit out the hat with a guaranteed discount for Nectar members*
- Get your paws on more points
We’ll double your Nectar points when you shop or fuel up at Sainsbury’s**
- Make claims and changes quickly
It’s quick and simple to manage your policy and make changes and claims online with My Pet Portal
- Insure more pets, save more pounds
Get your hands on our multi-pet insurance and you’ll get a discount of £1 per pet, per month†
What you get with our rabbit pet insurance
With comprehensive lifetime cover, 24/7 vet assistance and extra savings and discounts, your rabbit won’t be the only happy bunny at home.
Covers up to max amount each year
|Treatment basis||per year|
Here are some examples of things you can claim for under your vet fees cover, and the limits that apply.
|Vet fees we can cover||Amount|
|Dental cover^||up to £2000|
|Complementary treatment||up to £750|
|Physiotherapy||up to £750|
|Herbal or homeopathic medicine||up to £2000|
|Additional benefits and limits||Amount|
|Advertising and reward cover||£250|
|Emergency boarding or rabbit retreat fees (if you’re ill, injured or hospitalised for more than 48 hours)||£250|
^This only covers dental treatment as a result of accident and illness. Trimming, burring or rasping teeth is not covered
Please note that our rabbit insurance won't cover any pre-existing conditions and that terms, conditions, excesses, exclusions and limitations apply. You can find out more about the terms of our cover in our policy documents.Get a rabbit insurance quote
Need more info?
When can you get pet insurance for a rabbit?
You can get bunny insurance for your baby rabbit when they turn eight weeks old – right up until their fifth birthday. They’ll then be covered for the rest of their life as long as you keep renewing your policy every year without a break.
How much does pet rabbit insurance cost?
There are lots of different factors that play a part in the price of pet insurance for rabbits. It can depend on the age and breed of your rabbit plus where you live in the country.
Remember that cost isn’t the only important thing to consider when you’re looking to compare rabbit and pet insurance. You need to think about your level of cover too and look closely at what’s included.
For example, cheap rabbit insurance may not give you all the cover you need – and could cost more in the long run. Of course, that doesn’t mean the most expensive insurance is automatically the best pet insurance for rabbits in the UK.
The best thing to do is take a look around, get some quotes and find the best rabbit insurance for you.
Is there anything you don’t cover?
There are some things that aren’t covered with our pet rabbit insurance, including vaccinations and the cost of routine and preventative treatments.
Double check your policy document for full details – but here’s an example of some of the things we won’t pay for:
- Pre-existing conditions, symptoms, illnesses or injuries that your rabbit had before you took out a policy
- Any illnesses within the first 14 days
- Any accidents, injuries or poisoning in the first three days
- Cosmetic dentistry or cleaning, descaling, trimming, burring or rasping your rabbit’s teeth
Any more questions?
Got a burning question about rabbit health insurance or something else rabbit-related? Check out our handy list of FAQs and see if we’ve got the answer you’re looking for.
Ready to protect your rabbit?
You should now have all the information you need to pick the perfect pet rabbit insurance for your cotton-tailed companion. All that’s left to do now is get a quote.
So go ahead and check you’re happy with the terms of our cover in our policy documents – then hop right to it.Get a rabbit insurance quote
Got more than one pet?
Got a hutch full of rabbits at home? Or does your bunny have a pedigree chum or feline friend indoors? Insure all your pets with our multi-pet insurance – and you’ll save at least £24 a year.†Insure multiple pets
Handy guides for your rabbit
Need some advice on how to look after your new bunny? Or wondering if it’s really worth getting pet insurance for rabbits? We’ve got a whole host of guides to get your teeth into.
Need to talk to us?
*The discount is based on information related to you and the Sainsbury’s and Sainsbury’s Bank transactions linked to your Nectar account. For more information on how we use your data, go to sainsburysbank.co.uk/privacy
**Double Nectar points.
1) Only available to customers buying a new Sainsbury's Bank Pet Insurance policy.
2) You need to tell us your Nectar card number when you apply; and scan or swipe that card, or input your card number, with each Sainsbury’s purchase.
3) Double points begin on your policy's cover start date. If you don't tell us your Nectar card number until after your cover start date, double points will begin on the date you tell us.
4) Double points stop when the policy is cancelled or you stop paying premiums.
5) Each Nectar account can only collect points from one pet insurance policy.
6) It’s only the base points you collect at Sainsbury’s that are doubled. Bonus points won’t be doubled, nor will any points from Argos, Habitat, Sainsbury’s Bank (including travel money purchases), Sainsbury’s Energy or any other Sainsbury’s service.
7) By the 10th of each month, you'll get a bonus point award equal to the total of your qualifying points during the previous month, up to a maximum of 20,000 points.
8) Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd award the points from this offer. No cash alternative is available.
9) We reserve the right to change or cancel this offer without notice.
†Multi-pet discount is a minimum of £24 when insuring more than one pet as this is worked out at £1 per pet per month for each pet on a policy. Pets can have different cover levels. Discount deducted separately from any other offer.
Sainsbury's Bank plc, Registered Office, 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT (registered in England and Wales, no. 3279730) is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (register no. 184514). Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd is an appointed representative of Sainsbury's Bank plc.
Sainsbury's Bank plc acts as an introducer to Pinnacle Insurance plc who is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (register number 110866). Registered Office: Pinnacle House, A1 Barnet Way, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, WD6 2XX. Sainsbury’s Bank plc and Pinnacle Insurance plc are not part of the same corporate group.