Everything you need to know about life insurance policies.
Life insurance calculator
Looking for life insurance, but not sure how much you need? Don’t worry, Legal & General's life insurance calculator can help you in just four easy steps.
Simply enter your details, and the online calculator will do the rest, based on the information you provide. This will give you a better idea of how much life insurance you might need.
Before buying a life insurance policy it's important to consider your current living expenses, significant outgoings, any cover already in place and the financial help your family or partner may need in the future.
Remember that this calculator can only make suggestions based on the limited information you give it. Once you have your estimated life cover cost, select Get A Quote to get a life insurance quote in under three minutes.
To give the most accurate quote, Legal & General will need the answers to some additional questions. This will include further information on anyone else you want the policy to cover and the period of time you want it to last. When you decide to go ahead, the policy will be subject to underwriting.
You should know that life insurance isn’t a savings or investment product and has no cash value unless a valid claim is made. It's your responsibility to make sure your policy is right for you, so if you need any advice then you should get in touch with a financial advisor. Please read the Policy Summary [PDF 113KB] before you apply.Find out more
Why choose a life insurance policy through Sainsbury’s Bank?
Help protect the ones you love with life insurance policies and you’ll get:
- Protection by the one of the UK’s largest life insurance providers, Legal & General
- You'll get £100 of nectar points if your monthly premiums are £10 or more when you purchase by 05/07/2022.† You'll receive your points within 60 days after you've paid 5 months' of premiums.
Offer Terms and Conditions
† £100 of Nectar points
1. This offer is only available when you get a quote and buy a new life insurance or decreasing life insurance policy direct from Sainsbury's Bank's website by midnight on 05/07/2022. Purchases through price comparison, cashback, voucher code and similar sites are excluded.
2. We'll give you 20,000 points (worth £100) if your monthly premium is £10 or over. The points will be added to your Nectar account after you’ve paid 5 months’ premiums, within the following 60 days.
3.You need to add your Nectar card number to your application.
4. Points are awarded on no more than 2 policies per household in any 12 month period.
5. Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd award the points from this offer. No cash alternative is available.
6.Sainsbury’s Bank reserve the right to change or cancel this offer without notice.