Everything you need to know about life insurance policies.
Life insurance Calculator
Looking for life insurance, but not sure how much you need? Don’t worry, our life insurance calculator will help you in just four easy steps.
Simply enter your details, and our online calculator will do the rest, based on the information you provide. This will give you a better idea of how much life insurance you might need.
Before buying a life insurance policy it's important to consider your current living expenses, significant outgoings, any cover already in place and the financial help your family or partner may need in the future.
Remember that our calculator can only make suggestions based on the limited information you give it. Once you have your estimated life cover cost, select Get A Quote to get a life insurance quote in under three minutes.
To give the most accurate quote, we will need the answers to some additional questions. This will include further information on anyone else you want the policy to cover and the period of time you want it to last. When you decide to go ahead, the policy will be subject to underwriting.
You should know that life insurance isn’t a savings or investment product and has no cash value unless a valid claim is made. It's your responsibility to make sure your policy is right for you, so if you need any advice then you should get in touch with a financial advisor. Please read the Policy Summary [PDF 113KB] before you apply.Find out more
Why choose a life insurance policy through Sainsbury’s Bank?
Help protect the ones you love with life insurance policies and you’ll get:
- Protection by the one of the UK’s largest life insurance provider, Legal & General
- Up to £110 of Nectar points if you purchase by 30/04/21 †
- We’ll double the Nectar points on your Sainsbury’s shopping and fuel ‡
The number of Nectar points you receive depends on the type of policy and your monthly premium.
Offer Terms and Conditions
† Up to £110 of Nectar points
1. This offer is only available when you take out a new Life Insurance or Decreasing Life Insurance policy by 30/04/2021
2. After you’ve paid 5 months’ premiums, we'll give you: 22,000 points (worth £110) if your monthly premium is over £20, 16,000 points (worth £80) if your premium is £8.50 - £20.00 or 10,000 points (worth £50) if your premium is under £8.50
3. We'll add the points to your Nectar account within 60 days
4. You need to tell us your Nectar card number when you apply
5. We'll award points on no more than 2 policies per household in any 12 month period
7. Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd award the points from this offer. No cash alternative is available
8. Sainsbury’s Bank reserve the right to change or cancel this offer without notice
‡ Double Nectar points offer – 1. Offer available to customers buying a new life insurance, decreasing life insurance or over 50s life insurance policy. 2. You need to tell us your Nectar card number when you apply; and scan or swipe that card, or input your card number, with each Sainsbury’s purchase. 3. Double points begin on your policy’s cover start date. If you tell us your Nectar card number after your cover start date, double points begin on the date you tell us. 4. Double points stop when the policy is cancelled or you stop paying premiums. 5. Each Nectar account can only collect points from one life insurance policy. 6. It’s only the base points you collect at Sainsbury’s that are doubled. Bonus points won’t be doubled, nor will any points from Argos, Habitat, Sainsbury’s Bank (including travel money purchases), Sainsbury’s Energy or any other Sainsbury’s service. 7. By the 10th of each month, you’ll get a bonus point award equal to the total of your qualifying points during the previous month, up to a maximum of 20,000 points. 8. Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd award the points from this offer. No cash alternative is available. 9. We reserve the right to change or cancel this offer without notice.