Online Banking Terms and Conditions
In these conditions the following words have the following meanings.
- ACCOUNT any account which you hold and access via our online service.
- PASSWORD and USERNAME the password and name you choose to identify yourself when you use our online service.
- WE, US and OUR mean Sainsbury's Bank plc, registered address 33 Holborn, London, EC1N 2HT.Company No: 03279730.
- YOU, YOUR and YOURSELF refer to the person who has entered into this agreement with us.
2. Using the online service.
- These conditions apply to your use of our online service and in relation to any accounts. They explain the relationship between you and us in relation to our online service. You should read these conditions carefully to understand how these services work and your and our rights and duties under them. If there is a conflict between these conditions and your account conditions, these conditions will apply. This means that, when you use our online service both sets of conditions will apply unless they contradict each other in which case, the relevant condition in these conditions apply.
- If any of your accounts is a joint account, these conditions apply to all of you together and any of you separately. If more than one of you uses our online service you must each choose your own log in details.
- By registering to use our online service, you accept these conditions and agree that we may communicate with you by e-mail, mobile phone or through our website.
- When you use our online service you must follow the instructions we give you from time to time. You are responsible for ensuring that your computer, software and other equipment are capable of being used with our online service.
- Our online sites are secure. Disconnection from the Internet or leaving these sites will not automatically log you off. You must always use the log off facility when you are finished and never leave your machine unattended while you are logged in. As a security measure, if you have not used the sites for more than a specified period of time we will ask you to log in again.
3. What rules apply to security?
- Every time you use our online service you must give us your log in details
- You can change your log in details online by following the instructions on the screen.
- For administration or security reasons, we can require you to choose new log in details before you use (or carry on using) our online service.
- You must not write down, store (whether encrypted or otherwise) on your computer or let anyone else know your log in details, and the fact that they are for use with your accounts.
- If you think that someone else knows your log in details or has used any of them to use our online service, you must do the following:
Change your log in details online as soon as possible. If you have difficulty changing your log in details, you must phone the Helpdesk on 08085 40 50 60 immediately. You can give the Helpdesk your username if you phone them to change your log in details.
- We may give the police or any prosecuting authority any information they need if we think it will help them find out if someone else is using your log in details
- We may also keep any e-mails sent to or from us. We do this to check what was written and also to help train our staff.
- If we think that:
- someone else is trying to use our service for your accounts;
- the wrong log in details have been used for your account;
- you or someone else is using our online service illegally;
- you are not keeping to these conditions or the conditions of any of your accounts; or
- your log in details might be known or used by someone else,
we can stop you (or someone else) using our online service. We will tell you as soon as possible if we do this.
- We may require you to provide one or more of your log in details before we accept instructions about your account.
- You must not tell anyone your log in details. You can give the Helpdesk your username if you need help to change your log in details or need to report that someone else knows your log in details.
- For your protection, we occasionally check requests to move or transfer money. Therefore, some transactions may be subject to a delay of up to 24 hours whilst these checks are carried out.
4. What is the extent of your liability?
- If you are a victim of online fraud, we guarantee that you won’t lose any money on your accounts and will always be reimbursed in full.
- Unless you are a victim of fraud you are responsible for all instructions and other information sent using your log in details.
- You will not be held responsible for any instructions or information sent after you have told us that someone knows your log in details and has used any of them to access our online service.
- We do not accept responsibility for any loss you or anybody else may suffer because any instructions or information you sent us are sent in error, fail to reach us or are distorted unless you have been the victim of fraud.
- We do not accept responsibility for any loss you or anybody else may suffer because any instructions or information we send you fail to reach you or are distorted unless you have been the victim of fraud.
5. How we can change these conditions.
- We may change these conditions for any reason by giving you written notice or publishing the change on our website.
- We may send all written notices to you at the last e-mail address you gave us. You must let us know immediately if you change your e-mail address (you can do so online), to make sure that we have your current e-mail address at all times.
Our online service is available to UK residents only, 18 years of age or over. If you are outside the UK you can only use our online service to view information or perform transactions on your accounts but not to open new accounts. If you want to use the service outside the UK you must check local regulations to make sure it is legal to do so.