Fill in your details and we'll give you the best price from our carefully selected range of insurers
expanded Home insurance
For the cover you need - inside and out
There's no place quite like home. And we all want to keep it that way. But, sometimes things just don't go to plan. With Sainsbury's Bank Home Insurance, we'll be there to help you pick up the pieces and get things back to normal.
Our Home Insurance lets you choose the cover you need, whether it's buildings insurance, contents insurance or combined buildings and contents insurance. We also have some optional extras for even more protection – you can just choose what meets your needs. If you need some help, our useful guides might be just what you're looking for. With everything from how to value your home and contents to security tips for students, there's plenty there to give you a hand.
Here's a flavour of some of the things you could get when you buy a policy or optional extras you can add on for an additional cost:
- Accidental damage cover - contents. Cover for things like your TV, DVD player or laptop in the home or garden is included in our contents and combined buildings and content cover as standard. You can also buy our optional extra Accidental Damage Cover, for an additional cost, to give you even more protection for your things, like spilling paint on your new carpet.
- Cover for things like your fixed ceramic hob, sanitary ware and fixed glass – or in other words, your toilet, sink and glass in your windows and doors – is included with our buildings and combined buildings and contents insurance as standard. You can also buy our optional extra Accidental Damage Cover, for an additional cost, to boost your protection against things like putting your foot through the attic floor.
- Personal Possessions Cover (optional extra at additional cost). Top up your home insurance so that your personal belongings are covered away from home too - in fact they'll be covered anywhere in the world.
- Home Emergency Cover (optional extra at additional cost). Cover for emergency repairs following things like a burst pipe or a gas leak.
A little something extra
If you're taking out home insurance with us for the first time, we'll help you make your budget go that bit further:
- Guaranteed discount for Nectar card holders‡
Not got a Nectar card?
It's free and you can get a Nectar card number straight away at nectar.com, allowing you to get our extra perks. Just enter your Nectar card number when you're asked to. With your Nectar card you can also collect and spend Nectar points at Sainsbury's and with lots of other brands.
Terms and conditions
‡Guaranteed discount for Nectar card holders: The discount is based on information related to you and the transactions you've made with Sainsbury's supermarket and Sainsbury's Bank using your Nectar card. For more information go to sainsburysbank.co.uk/nectar
Choose your cover
Explore our cover
Here's our home insurance at a glance — including our optional extras. So you can compare and choose what you need more easily.
|What's included?||Contents insurance||Buildings insurance||Buildings and contents insurance||Optional extras - additional cover you can add to your policy for an extra cost
|Accidental damage|| Some specific cover
||Some specific cover|| Some specific cover
||Add extra Accidental Damage Cover Buildings or extra Accidental Damage Cover Contents for more protection|
|Contents during a move||Cover yourself against accidental damage at the hands of professional removal contractors by adding extra Accidental Damage Cover.|
|Jewellery||with our valuable items cover|
|Trace and access (finding a leak)||Add Home Emergency Cover for when things go wrong|
|Bikes||up to £750 a bike||up to £750 a bike||Add Personal Possessions Cover to get bicycle cover away from home.|
|No claims discount|
|Replacement keys and locks
||Add Key Cover for even more benefits|
For more detail about what's covered and what's not, have a look at our policy documents.
Get a quoteFind out more
Find out what's included
Our home insurance covers you from floor to ceiling – and even out to the garden. We'll take care of your valuables and we'll protect your student's belongings while they're studying. Plus, we've got garden contents cover for your plants and patio furniture, and we'll even get on the case if your house gets a leak.
And that's before you look at our optional extras, which you can add for an additional cost. Whether it's extra Accidental Damage Cover for your clumsier days or Personal Possessions Cover when you're out and about, you can get the insurance you're after.
Depending on whether you go for contents or buildings insurance, or both, here are just some of the home insurance benefits you can get as standard when you sign up.
Give your insurance a boost
Once you've taken care of the basics, you might want to add a little extra cover, for an additional cost, to make your policy your own. If you're out and about a lot, the cover for your things can come with you. If you're prone to the odd DIY mishap, give your home a bit more protection – just in case.
Already got home insurance with us?
Maybe you're looking to make a claim, add some extra cover to your policy, or change a few details. You might just have a question, or want to check what's covered.
You can do all that from here. Just tell us which of our policies you have and we'll point you in the right direction.
- I first took my policy out before 31st January 2012 and it is underwritten by Halifax General Insurance
- I first took my policy out between 1st February 2012 and 2nd March 2017 and it is underwritten by UK Insurance
- I took out my policy on or after 1st February 2017 and it is underwritten by another insurer
After more information?
Have a look at our frequently asked questions for more on how home insurance works and what we cover. We've also put together some helpful guides on everything from security tips for students and moving home to going green and protecting your home against storms.
And if you can't find what you're looking for, or you'd prefer to speak to someone instead, you can get in touch with us on the number below. We're on hand to help with whatever you need.
Tools, guides and resources
A range of tools and guides to help you keep your home and personal belongings safe and secure.
Guide to home insurance (PDF, 729KB)
Protecting against storm damage (PDF, 548KB)
How to go green at home (PDF, 869KB)