Skip to content
Home Insurance

Extra Protection for your bike

Cover your bike when you’re out and about

Bike cover away from home

You’re top to toe in lycra. You stopped for a pub lunch after a long cycle, locked your bike up safely and someone has stolen it. It happens. We’re here for you when it does and can help replace your bike if something goes wrong. 

What’s bicycle cover away from home?

It gives you protection if your bike is stolen, lost or accidentally damaged away from your home.

If you've got our contents insurance, your bike is protected when it's in your property. For an additional cost, you can add personal possessions cover to give you protection for your bike when you’re on the move.

What’s covered?

With Personal Possessions Cover, if your bike — or a family member’s bike — is stolen, lost or accidentally damaged, we’ll pay up to £1,000 for each bike.

Is your bike worth more than £1,000? Just let us know when you’re getting your quote and we can cover it for more. Give your bike the cover it deserves. 

Get in touch with us and let us know about which bike, or bikes, you’d like to insure by adding personal possessions cover to your home insurance policy. 

What’s not covered? 

There are a few things not included by personal possessions bike cover. Have a look in our policy documents for all the details, but here are the main things you’re not covered for:

●    Any bikes you don’t own or are not responsible for
●    If you’re using the bike for racing, rallies, pacemaking or trials
●    If your bike is stolen when it’s unattended, unless it’s in a secure building or locked up 
●    If your bike is damaged or lost while it’s being cleaned, repaired or restored


Bike cover with contents insurance

While you can add bike cover away from home for an additional cost, our standard home contents insurance can help cover your bike when it’s on your property. If you just want protection for your bike when it’s in the house or locked up in the shed, take a look at what we offer.

Optional extras for further peace of mind

You can add optional extras to your insurance policy to ensure you and your family have peace of mind when it comes to your home and valuable possessions.

  • Home emergency cover – this can help cover the cost of repairs if you’re unexpectedly faced with something like a burst pipe or gas leak in your home
  • Family legal protection – can help with expenses for going to court for a private legal dispute
  • Enhanced accidental damage cover, for both contents and buildings insurance can give you added cover against unexpected damage
  • Excess cover – to help you get your excess refunded for claims made on your insurance

Any questions?

Please take a look at the frequently asked questions and helpful guides around home and buildings insurance.