Our Contents Cover comes with jewellery cover
Jewellery cover isn't just for aristocrats. If you tot up the value of your precious gems, you might be surprised by how much they're worth. That's why we include jewellery cover as standard with our contents insurance.
What is jewellery cover?
It covers items like engagement rings and watches if someone breaks in or forces their way into your home and steals them.
What we cover
Our contents insurance covers you for:
- Specified and unspecified valuable items up to a maximum of £25,000
- Single items up to £2,000
Specified items are things you've told us you own and want to insure under your contents insurance, so when you take out your policy, have a think about whether anything you own could be worth more than £2,000. If you're not sure, it's worth getting your jewellery valued. Your insurer might also need to see proof of ownership for any jewellery item you claim for.
What's not covered
Our contents insurance doesn't cover jewellery if:
- Someone lied to you so they could steal it – also known as theft or loss through deception – unless they lied so they could get into your home
- You're looking after it for someone else.
After a bit more detail?
Going for gold?
If you'd like to protect your valuables – including your mobile phone and your gadgets – while you're out and about, add Personal Possessions Cover to your policy.
Furnish your cover with our optional extras
Now you've laid the foundations with our standard cover, for an extra cost you can build on it with our optional extras to give you, your family, and your treasured possessions even more protection.
- Key Cover – get replacement locks and keys and access to a nationwide network of locksmiths if you're locked out
- Family Legal Protection – cover your costs if you have to go to court for a private legal dispute
- Home Emergency Cover – for your repairs to things like a burst pipe or a gas leak
- Enhanced Accidental Damage Cover – for both contents and buildings insurance, to give you even more protection.