All you need to know about cats and dogs
Is time limited pet insurance right for you?
Maybe you’re a lifelong pet owner or are getting ready to welcome your first cat or dog into your home. Either way, it’s important to consider pet insurance.
From unexpected ill health to getting lost, your pets can get into all sorts of scrapes. Our time limited cover gives you peace of mind that you’ll get help to pay for the short-term treatment your pet needs.
Our time limited cover helps pay for the treatment your pet needs for an illness or condition it’s never suffered from before. It pays for up to 12 months of treatment, or up to £3,000 of vet fees – whichever comes first.
As well as financial support, our insurance comes with these extra benefits:
- Professional 24/7 support from the Sainsbury’s Bank Vet Assistance helpline
- We’ll double your Nectar points on your Sainsbury’s shopping and fuel**
- Discount for Nectar members*
- Multi-pet discount for each animal you insure with us†
- Manage your policy online with My Pet Portal
What does our time limited insurance cover?
It can be difficult to find the cash for unexpected bills and surprise expenses. Our time limited pet insurance is here to help you pay vet fees if your cat or dog has a short-term health issue.
It’ll pay up to a set amount – this is the Vet Fee Limit listed on your insurance certificate – for up to 12 months from start of treatment.
You can make claims for different treatments during the year. We'll pay up to the individual limit for each condition or for up to 12 months from start of treatment whichever occurs first.
|Benefit||Time limited £3,000
Cover for 12 months or up to max amount below
|Treatment period||12 months|
|Treatment basis||per condition|
|Benefit||Time limited £3,000|
|Dental Cover (routine dental not included)||up to £3,000|
|Complementary Treatment||up to £500|
|Physiotherapy||up to £500|
|Behavioural illnesses (excludes the cost of any damage to your home)||up to £3,000|
|Overseas veterinary treatment||up to £3,000|
|Benefit||Time limited £3,000|
|Death from accident/injury||£1,000|
|Death from illness||£1,000|
|Advertising & reward (dogs must be microchipped, local advertising only)||£1,000|
|Theft or straying (dogs must be microchipped)||£1,000|
|Emergency boarding kennel/cattery fees (if you're hospitalised for over 48 hours)||£1,000|
|3rd party liability (dogs only)||£2 million|
|Benefit||Time limited £3,000|
|Loss of healthcare certificate||£250|
|Emergency expenses abroad||£1,000|
Please note that we won't cover any pre-existing conditions and that terms, conditions, excesses, exclusions and limitations apply. You can find out more about the terms of our cover in our policy documents.
The cover won’t pay out to treat the same health issue in the future – this helps us keep it affordable for you. But it does mean that if your pet develops something like eczema or arthritis that can flare up time and again, the insurance will only pay for the first 12 months of treatment.
Our lifetime cover is a great option to consider if you’d like cover for recurring conditions, or if you would like cover that allows you to claim for the same condition up to your chosen policy limit, we also provide maximum benefit cover that may suit your needs.Get a time limited quote
Handy pet guides
Whether you’re already a proud pet owner, or are thinking about getting one, we’ve created some helpful pet guides covering all sorts of topics. Is your home as pet friendly as possible? Need to know more about microchipping? Our guides will give you the lowdown.
There’s no such thing as a silly question. Check out our FAQs for answers to the ones that crop up most often.Explore our FAQs
Ready to buy time limited pet insurance?
If you’re ready to get your policy in place you can do everything online and get started right away.Get a time limited quote
Need to talk to us?
Find the details you need on our help and support page.
*The discount is based on information related to you and the Sainsbury’s and Sainsbury’s Bank transactions linked to your Nectar account. For more information on how we use your data, go to sainsburysbank.co.uk/privacy.
**Double Nectar points.
1) Only available to customers buying a new Sainsbury's Bank Pet Insurance policy.
2) You need to tell us your Nectar card number when you apply; and scan or swipe that card, or input your card number, with each Sainsbury’s purchase.
3) Double points begin on your policy's cover start date. If you don't tell us your Nectar card number until after your cover start date, double points will begin on the date you tell us.
4) Double points stop when the policy is cancelled or you stop paying premiums.
5) Each Nectar account can only collect points from one pet insurance policy.
6) It’s only the base points you collect at Sainsbury’s that are doubled. Bonus points won’t be doubled, nor will any points from Argos, Habitat, Sainsbury’s Bank (including travel money purchases), Sainsbury’s Energy or any other Sainsbury’s service.
7) By the 10th of each month, you'll get a bonus point award equal to the total of your qualifying points during the previous month, up to a maximum of 20,000 points.
8) Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd award the points from this offer. No cash alternative is available.
9) We reserve the right to change or cancel this offer without notice.
†Multi-pet discount is a minimum of £24 when insuring more than one pet as this is worked out at £1 per pet per month for each pet on a policy. Pets can have different cover levels. Discount deducted separately from any other offer.
Sainsbury's Bank plc, Registered Office, 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT (registered in England and Wales, no. 3279730) is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (register no. 184514). Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd is an appointed representative of Sainsbury's Bank plc.
Sainsbury's Bank plc acts as an introducer to Pinnacle Insurance plc who is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (register number 110866). Registered Office: Pinnacle House, A1 Barnet Way, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, WD6 2XX. Sainsbury’s Bank plc and Pinnacle Insurance plc are not part of the same corporate group.