Nectar is one of the UK's most popular loyalty programmes - and it's free. If you’re a Nectar card holder, you’ll be rewarded with Nectar points when you spend at Nectar partners including Sainsbury’s stores and petrol stations. Want to know more? Take a look at our Nectar FAQs.
Boost your Nectar balance with Sainsbury’s Bank
On top of your usual Nectar points, we’ll give you 2 points for each £1 you spend in Sainsbury’s using a qualifying credit card. Or if you have a qualifying insurance product, you’ll get double Nectar points. The extra points you get for being a Sainsbury’s Bank customer are added up and paid into your Nectar account monthly.
Plus, our Nectar offering stacks up if you have more than one product. For example, if you have both a qualifying credit card and an insurance product then you could get 4 points per £1 you spend in Sainsbury’s. 2 points for paying with your credit card, 1 point for holding an insurance product and 1 point for swiping your Nectar card - unless you're taking part in the new Nectar trial, in which case you're collecting points in a different way†
If you have more than one insurance product then they just need to be different types of insurances to stack – eg home insurance and pet insurance.
How much more could you collect?
Work out just how many Nectar points you could collect in a year when you take out a qualifying Sainsbury’s Bank product (or two, or three, or more!) by using our Nectar points calculator.
Yearly points earned from:
Swiping your Nectar card 0
Paying with a Sainsbury's Bank credit card 0
Having a qualifying Sainsbury’s insurance product 0
Total yearly points
Terms and conditions
*If you are an existing credit card customer and took out your card before 6 October 2009, your card may not qualify for this Nectar offer, and this calculation may not be an accurate representation.
†Double Nectar Points offer
1) Offer available to customers buying a new Sainsbury's Bank Car Insurance, Home Insurance, Pet Insurance, Life Insurance, Decreasing Life Insurance or Over 50s Life Insurance policy.
2) You need to tell us your Nectar card number when you apply, and use this card with each Sainsbury's purchase.
3) Double points begin on your policy’s cover start date. If you don’t tell us your Nectar card number until after your cover start date, double points will begin on the date you tell us.
4) Double points stop when the policy is cancelled or you stop paying premiums.
5) Each Nectar account can only collect points from one car, one home, one pet and one life insurance policy.
6) It’s only the base points you collect at Sainsbury's that are doubled. If you're taking part in the new Nectar trial, it's the points you get on new Nectar that are doubled. Bonus points won’t be doubled, nor will any points from Argos, Habitat, Sainsbury's Bank (including travel money purchases), Sainsbury's Energy or any other Sainsbury's service.
7) By the 10th of each month, you’ll get a bonus point award equal to the total of your qualifying points during the previous month, up to a maximum of 20,000 points.
8) Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd award the points from this offer.
9) No cash alternative is available. Sainsbury's Bank reserves the right to alter, cancel or withdraw this offer without notice.
Sainsbury’s Bank Credit Card Nectar points conditions
2 Nectar points are collected on each full £1 of each separate shopping or fuel transaction at Sainsbury’s when you use your Sainsbury’s Bank Credit Card. Excludes Argos, Habitat, Sainsbury’s Bank, Sainsbury’s Energy and all other Sainsbury’s services which will be treated as non-Sainsbury’s purchases. For non-Sainsbury’s purchases, 1 Nectar point is collected on each full £5 of each separate transaction. Travel Money purchases are not eligible for points. Nectar points are awarded to you by Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd and Sainsbury’s Bank plc, who reserve the right to alter or terminate the offer at any time. Please allow up to 60 days from your credit card statement date for the points to be credited to your Nectar account.