Nectar is one of the UK's most popular loyalty programmes – and it's free. If you're a Nectar card holder, you'll be rewarded with Nectar points every time you spend at chosen Nectar partners including Sainsbury's stores and petrol stations. You can use your Nectar points to get money off your Sainsbury's shop or spend them on anything from coffees to pizzas, cinema tickets to plane tickets and more. Want to know more about Nectar?
Find out how many Nectar points you could earn with Sainsbury's Bank
Work out just how many extra Nectar points you could collect in a year when you take out a qualifying Sainsbury’s Bank product (or two, or three, or more!) by using our Nectar points calculator. You’ll get triple points if you hold two qualifying products, quadruple points if you hold three qualifying products and so on.
In a year, points earned from...
Swiping your Nectar card 0
Paying with a Sainsbury's Bank credit card 0
Having a qualifying Sainsbury’s insurance product 0
Total yearly points
Double Nectar Points offer
1) Only available to customers buying a new Sainsbury’s Bank Car Insurance, Home Insurance, Pet Insurance, Annual Travel Insurance, Life Insurance, Decreasing Life Insurance or Over 50s Life Insurance policy.
2) You need to tell us your Nectar card number when you apply, and use this card with each Sainsbury’s purchase.
3) Double points begin on your policy’s cover start date. If you don’t tell us your Nectar card number until after your cover start date, double points will begin on the date you tell us.
4) Double points stop when the policy is cancelled or you stop paying premiums.
5) Each Nectar account can only collect points from one car, one home, one pet, one travel and one life insurance policy.
6) It’s only the base points you collect at Sainsbury’s that are doubled. Bonus points won’t be doubled, nor will any points from Argos, Habitat, Sainsbury’s Bank, Sainsbury’s Energy or any other Sainsbury’s service.
7) By the 10th of each month, you’ll get a bonus point award equal to the total of your base points during the previous month, up to a maximum of 20,000 points.
8) Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd award the points from this offer.
9) No cash alternative is available. Sainsbury's Bank reserves the right to alter, cancel or withdraw this offer without notice.
Sainsbury’s Bank Credit Card Nectar points conditions: 2 Nectar points are collected on each full £1 of each separate shopping or fuel transaction at Sainsbury’s when you use your Sainsbury’s Bank Credit Card. Excludes Argos, Habitat, Sainsbury’s Bank, Sainsbury’s Energy and all other Sainsbury’s services which will be treated as non-Sainsbury’s purchases. For non-Sainsbury’s purchases, 1 Nectar point is collected on each full £5 of each separate transaction. Travel Money purchases are not eligible for points. Nectar points are awarded to you by Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd and Sainsbury’s Bank plc, who reserve the right to alter or terminate the offer at any time. Please allow up to 60 days from your credit card statement date for the points to be credited to your Nectar account.
The Nectar loyalty programme is run by Aimia Coalition Loyalty UK Ltd.