Our A-Z glossary sheds light on loan terms and can be used as a jargon buster.
Love your home
Remember the feeling when you first stepped inside your new house. What a beautiful moment realising the endless potential. Over time, your home can lose its sparkle. So, fall in love with your home again.
If you’re dreaming of a new kitchen or planning an extension, a home improvement loan from Sainsbury’s Bank could help.
Give your home the makeover it deserves. As well as making you feel house proud, a home renovation can give you extra space and may also add value to your home.
Why choose a Sainsbury’s Bank home improvement loan?
- 2.8% APR representative for Nectar members, when you borrow £7,500 - £25,000 for 37-60 months
- You can pay back your loan over 1-7 years with manageable, fixed monthly instalments
- You can borrow between £1,000 - £30,000 if you’re a Nectar member, non-Nectar members can borrow up to £25,000
- No application or arrangement fee
- You could get your money in as little as 2 hours, or the next business day, if you’re accepted
- Our loan application is quick and easy to complete, you can sign your agreement online, and upload any documents we might need
How much can I borrow?
In just a few clicks our calculator can work out what the monthly payments of your home loan would be – and how much you’ll repay in total.
Quickly find out your interest rate and how likely you are to be accepted – without harming your credit score.
Use our home loan calculator to apply now.
All quotations given are for illustrative purposes only.Use our loans calculator
Applying for a joint loan application? Please note, your application may take longer to process.
Note that credit is subject to status. And the rate you may be offered will depend on your personal circumstances, credit assessment procedures and other related factors.
Compare our loans
Finding the best home improvement loan will depend on the project you have in mind. You might need £3,000 to spruce up your home, or you may need to borrow more to install a beautiful new bathroom.
Either way, we have something to suit your needs.Compare our loan options
If you’ve got a question about our loans – our support section is a great place to start.
Ready to apply?
Take the time to understand how our loan terms work. Find out more about our lending criteria and the other things you should think about before applying.Find out more
Things to consider
Guide to home improvement
Not sure where to start? Before you jump into any major home renovation projects, there are some tips to consider. From keeping the cost down, how to get permission, inspiration and more, our guide will get you started on the right track.Find out more
How to add the most value to your home
Some home improvements can be more profitable than others and add significant value to your home. To help you decide the right home improvement project to suit you and your budget, check out our home renovation calculator.
Simply, enter your house value and compare room by room to reveal the different renovation options and see the estimated home value increase.Find out more
Need help with your home improvement?
Most home renovation and improvement projects need help from a professional tradesperson. Finding the right person for the job can be tricky. You want someone who is reliable and has the right skills, these tips from Rated People can help:
- Carry out checks on a tradesperson you’re looking to hire
- Check out online review sites as well as word of mouth and directories, but the checks shouldn’t stop there. For instance, ask for proof of any certifications that the tradesman claim to have and always read what previous customers have to say
- Don’t just pay attention to positive reviews - read any negative feedback too. This will give you a fuller picture of the tradesperson you’re considering
- For added financial protection, avoid paying in cash and pay by credit or debit card wherever possible
For more information on finding the right tradesperson, check out our visual guide.
Creating a greener home
Making your home greener is easier than you may think, and there are options for every budget. Whether you want an eco-friendly home or a smarter efficient home, we’re here to guide you.Find out more