Home improvement loans
Whether you’re planning;
- a new kitchen or bathroom
- a loft conversion
- to add a garage, conservatory or outside decking
- to paint an exterior
a loan from Sainsbury’s Bank could be used to finance your home improvement project.
To access our rates for Nectar members you should have been a member for at least 6 months.
Why choose a loan from Sainsbury’s Bank?
- A wide range of loan amounts from £1,000 - £30,000
- Choose to repay from 1-7 years
- Fixed monthly repayments to suit your budget
How much can I borrow?
If you’re unsure about the amount you can afford to apply for, have a look at our guide to affording a loan. You may want to use our loan calculator to help work out how much you’ll repay in total.
If this is the first time you’ve decided to take out a loan you might also find our loans glossary and checklist helpful.
Remember if you do choose to apply, the APR which you may be offered may vary because it will be based on your own personal circumstances and credit history. More on APRs and credit scores.
When you apply
Once your loan has been approved, you may have the option to complete your application online without the need for paper documents. Alternatively we will post the loan agreement for you to review, sign and return.
- Consider whether your planned improvement will increase the value of your home. If it does, make sure you update your home insurance policy to ensure your home continues to be protected.
- If you’re looking for some tips to help with your project including; ideas, tips on working on a small budget, information on energy efficiency improvements and how much typical improvements could add to the value of your property, make sure you also take a look at our guide to home improvements.
Multiple credit searches may make obtaining future credit more difficult.
You could borrow £10,000 over 60 months with 60 monthly repayments of £178.64. The total amount repayable will be £10,718.40. Representative 2.8% APR, annual interest rate (fixed) 2.8%.
*Representative APR applies to loans of £7,500 - £25,000, between 37-60 months, for Nectar members. Other rates apply to other loan amounts.