Earn twice the points on your Sainsbury's shopping and fuel†
expanded Car insurance
Tailor your car insurance and double your Nectar points
Switch your car insurance to us to get the cover that suits you, and double Nectar points on your Sainsbury's shopping and fuel. Happy car, happy pocket.
Just pick the cover that suits you
- Comprehensive cover. Protects you and your car, and anyone else and their cars if it's your fault. Read about comprehensive cover
- Third party, fire and theft. The essentials for cover (and we've added a few extras to put your mind at rest). See third party, fire and theft cover
Customise your cover
Need extras to meet your needs? Choose away.
No Nectar card?
No problem, you can still get a discount. Just apply for your free loyalty card, and you'll get your Nectar number straight away.
†Double Nectar points.
1) Only available to customers buying a new Sainsbury's Bank Car Insurance policy.
2) You need to tell us your Nectar card number when you apply, and use this card with each Sainsbury's purchase.
3) Double points begin on your policy's cover start date. If you don't tell us your Nectar card number until after your cover start date, double points will begin on the date you tell us.
4) Double points stop when the policy is cancelled or you stop paying premiums.
5) Each Nectar account can only collect points from one car insurance policy.
6) It’s only the base points you collect at Sainsbury’s that are doubled. If you’re taking part in the new Nectar trial, it’s the points you get on new Nectar that are doubled. Bonus points won’t be doubled, nor will any points from Argos, Habitat, Sainsbury’s Bank (including travel money purchases), Sainsbury’s Energy or any other Sainsbury’s service.
7) By the 10th of each month, you'll get a bonus point award equal to the total of your qualifying points during the previous month, up to a maximum of 20,000 points.
8) Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd award the points from this offer.
9)No cash alternative is available. Sainsbury's Bank reserves the right to alter, cancel or withdraw this offer without notice.
‡Guaranteed discount for Nectar card holders: The discount is based on information related to you and the transactions you've made with Sainsbury's supermarkets and Sainsbury's Bank using your Nectar card. For more information go to sainsburysbank.co.uk/nectar.
Choose your coverExplore our cover
||Comprehensive||Third party, fire and theft||Optional extras - additional cover you can add to your policy for an extra cost
|Loss or damage to your car (except fire and theft)
||Add RAC Breakdown Cover to get you back on the road if your car breaks down.|
|Loss or damage to your car (by fire and theft)||Add RAC Breakdown Cover to get you back on the road if your car breaks down.|
|Damage to your windscreen||With third party, fire and theft, you can add our Windscreen Cover as an optional extra.|
|A courtesy car – three-door hatchback||Add our enhanced Guaranteed Courtesy Car for a similar size car as yours for 14 or 21 days.
|No Claims Discount and Named Driver No Claims Discount
||Add No Claims Discount Protection to keep hold of your discount|
|Driving other cars
|Liability to other people
|Replacement keys and locks
||Add our Key Cover for extra cover when you need it|
|Driving in Europe
||Add RAC Platinum+ Breakdown Cover to keep you on the road|
|Replacement child car seat
|New car cover
|Personal belongings including your Sainsbury's shopping
|Protection against uninsured drivers
||Add Motor Legal Protection to cover your legal expenses if you go to court after an accident|
For more detail about what's covered and what's not, have a look at our policy documents.
Get a quoteFind out more
Reap the insurance benefits
Our car insurance covers you bumper to bumper giving you peace of mind to keep on motoring. We've got Comprehensive Cover with lots of features as standard, such as a courtesy car and windscreen cover. And our Third Party, Fire and Theft comes with things like No Claims Discount and child seat replacement cover as standard. And that's before you add any optional extras, which are available for an additional cost. Whether it's RAC Breakdown Cover or our Motor Legal Protection, you can get the insurance you're after.
Take your insurance up a gear
Whether you’ve chosen Comprehensive Cover or Third Party, Fire and Theft Cover, we’ve got a range of optional extras, for an additional cost, to help you get more mileage from your policy. If you lose your car keys, our Key Cover will get you back behind the wheel. Or if your car breaks down, our RAC Breakdown Cover can come to the rescue and have you on the road again in no time.
Already got car insurance with us?
If you took out your policy with us on or after 1st February 2017 then you can manage your account online. The link below will take you to our online portal where you can log in or register for an online account to change your details, add extra cover and more. For policies that started before this date, you can find out how to make a claim and answers to our FAQs.
- Manage your policy online
- Check your documents
- Buy another policy
- How to make your claim
The extra mile
Take a look at our guides to help answer your questions on all things car related, from looking after your car and driving in winter to what to do in an accident.
Guide to car insurance
Guide to driving in winter (PDF, 2.3MB)
Guide to driving in Europe
Guide to car maintenance
Guide to no claims discount (PDF, 697KB)
Guide to breakdown basics (PDF, 749KB)
Guide to car insurance excess
Guide to car insurance groups
Guide to what to do if you have an accident
Have a look at our frequently asked questions for more on our car insurance and how it works. We’ve also put together some helpful guides on everything from driving in winter and your no claims discount to car maintenance and driving in Europe.