Add our Family Legal Protection
Solicitors don't come cheap. So if you've got nightmare neighbours or you're after compensation for that package holiday gone wrong, family legal protection might be handy if you go to court.
What is family legal protection?
It's a type of legal expenses insurance that can help cover your costs if you have to go to court for a private legal dispute. For example, personal injury, boundary disputes or faulty goods or services you paid for.
Do I need legal cover on home insurance?
You don't have to have it by law, but it can be a good thing. If, for example, you lost your job and you felt it was unfair dismissal, family legal protection could help you pay for the cost of going to an employment tribunal to claim compensation.
What we cover
For an extra cost, you can add our optional Family Legal Protection to help you and your family with the cost of going to court:
- If you or your suppliers break your contract
- If you're in an accident where you're injured or killed
- If you're injured or killed by medical negligence
- If your employer breaks your contract or the law
- If someone trespasses on or damages your home
We'll also cover your costs if you're investigated by HMRC and you need to pay an accountant. Not only that, you'll have access to our specialist lawyers. And you can call our 24-hour legal helpline about any legal problems you have while you've got our cover.
What's not covered
There are conditions and exclusions for each situation you claim for, so take a look at our policy document for full details. But here are some general things to remember.
You're not covered:
- If you make a false or exaggerated claim
- Against any action for something you did deliberately
- If something you do or don't do prejudices your position, or ours, in the case
- For loss or damage covered by another policy.