Family Legal Protection
Having a suitable home insurance policy could give you peace of mind in the event something happens to your property. However, your home insurance may not cover legal disputes that might affect you and your family or your home.
Family Legal Protection can cover such disputes. Personal injury, contract disputes for goods or services or boundary disputes are just a few aspects to consider.
Sainsbury's Bank offers two levels of home insurance, underwritten by UK Insurance. Family Legal Protection is included as standard with Sainsbury's Premier Cover Home Insurance and can be added to Sainsbury's Home Insurance as an optional extra. Family Legal Protection can help cover the costs of legal expenses and court proceedings if you are involved in a private legal dispute covered by the policy.
There for you when you need it most, Family Legal Protection offers up to £100,000 of cover for legal costs*.
Areas of cover include, but are not limited to:
- 24 hour legal advice helpline, available for you to ring and discuss any private legal problem, 365 days a year
- Personal injury
- Employment disputes - a dispute with your employer at an Employment Tribunal
- Contract disputes - a breach of contract claim
- Property and squatters protection
For more information on the particulars of cover, the Family Legal Protection section within the Policy Booklets offers further detail.
Summary of terms
We will provide this cover if:
- the incident happens within the territorial limits, and after cover starts
- any legal proceedings will be carried out within the territorial limits by a court which we agree to
- we and your solicitor agree that it is more likely than not that you'll be successful with your claim or other legal remedy we agree to; or that you will make a successful defence
Claims must be reported to the 24hr legal helpline, 0800 206 1968 before any costs are incurred.
*subject to policy exclusions and conditions