Our extra Personal Possessions Cover
We've all been there – frantically searching for the bag you were sure you had a minute ago. And it's not just about the money. It's the cards, the tablet and all the useful, and often valuable, things you hold dear. If that panic sounds familiar, you can add our personal possessions cover to put your mind at ease.
What is personal possessions insurance cover?
Personal possessions cover, personal possessions insurance or personal property insurance, is for things like clothes, hand-held devices and other valuables you wear or carry. It covers them against loss, theft and accidental damage.
What we cover
Personal Possessions Cover is an optional extra that you can add to your home insurance, for an additional cost. If you do, we'll give you the cover you need if your things – or your family's things – are stolen, lost or accidentally damaged in your home. That also goes for when they're outside your home - in fact we’ll cover them wherever you are in the world for up to 60 days.
When you take out cover, the amount we'll pay when you make a claim will be in your policy schedule. But for money and credit cards, we'll cover you for up to £500 for one event.
What's not covered
There are some things we don't cover. Have a look in our policy document for a full list of conditions, but here are the main things to remember.
This extra option doesn't cover you for theft, loss or accidental damage:
- To anything you don't own
- To camping equipment and tools
- To deeds or electronically stored data
- To household goods, appliances, furnishings, furniture, china, glass or pottery
- To plants or other living things
- To anything you use or have for work
- To sports equipment or musical instruments while they're in use for their intended purpose
- To lottery tickets and raffle tickets
- Caused by mechanical or electrical faults or breakdowns
- Caused by or during cleaning, maintenance, repairs and restoration
- Caused by your domestic pets chewing, scratching, tearing or fouling
- Caused by infestation, chewing, scratching, tearing or fouling by insects or vermin.
What else is included?
Our Personal Possessions Cover also gives you cover for: