If you have a problem using your card, here are the things you should check first.
1. If you got your card delivered at home you need to activate your card before it will work. Your card will have a sticker with instructions about how to do this.
2. Check you have enough money on the card for the purchase you wish to make.
3. Check you are using the correct PIN. Phone Card Services to get a reminder or PIN Reveal via My Account or the mobile app.
4. Check that the retailer you are purchasing from accepts Mastercard Prepaid. Because of new EU requirements, merchants in the EU/EEA will be able to choose whether or not they wish to accept Mastercard prepaid/debit/credit or commercial cards. Please check with the merchant, as they have to inform you if they decide not to accept all types of Mastercard cards. Merchants will also be expected to display this information prominently at the entrance of the shop and at the till or, in the case of distance sales, this information should be displayed on the merchant’s website or other applicable electronic or mobile medium.
5. Your Card has maximum limits on how much you can withdraw or spend, for example a maximum daily amount that you can spend in a shop. These limits are shown in the fees and limits table. In addition, some cash machines may have their own limits.
Please note: if a cash machine screen prompts you to choose ‘which account?’ it is recommended that you choose the ‘Credit’ option.
You can only withdraw cash from a cash machine up to the available balance on your Sainsbury's Bank Travel Money Card (including any applicable fees) and if the amount is within the cash machine’s issuing limit.