There are various ways you can top up:
To top up using your UK debit or credit card, click here:
Please note online top up limits (across all currencies on the card):
- In one day: £5,000
- Within 7 days: £15,000
- Within 60 days: £30,000
The online top up limits are subject to the total Card Fund balance (including all currencies) not exceeding £5,000 at any one time. Online top ups will be credited to your Travel Money Card immediately.
Bank transfer (via phone or internet banking)
To top up via internet or telephone banking, this is what you need to do:
- Ensure you have registered your email address with us in the secure 'My Account' area on this website.
- In ‘My Account’ , set the currency that you would like to top up as your default currency; this is where we will allocate your money. You can only top up one currency per bank transfer.
- Then you can either phone your bank or log into your bank account via your bank’s website and create a new payee to make a GBP payment.
Please use the following details:
- Bank details Beneficiary/Payee: Mastercard Prepaid
- Sort code: 20-32-53
- Account number: 63807568
- Reference: Your 16 digit Travel Money Card number (on the front of card)
- Amount: Please ensure that the amount you load on your card is within the allowed card limits.
You may top up a maximum of £5,000 per day (across all currencies on the card) via a bank transfer, but your total Card Fund balance at any one time (including all currencies) may not exceed £5,000.
It may take up to 5 working days for your bank to transfer the funds to us, however, be assured that we will load the funds onto your Travel Money Card within 24 hours of receiving them. We will send you confirmation via email that your top up has been successful.
Remember to set/change your preferred default currency in ‘My Account’ before transferring your money to us. Payments made in GBP will be converted to the relevant default currency, which will be set as GBP until changed. You will find the rate we used on your top up confirmation.
Via the mobile app
Download our handy mobile app and top up on the go. Please note, mobile app reload limits (across all currencies on the card):
Mobile App top up limit is subject to your total Card Fund balance at any one time (including all currencies) not exceeding £5,000. Mobile app top up will be credited to your account immediately.
Over the phone
Simply call Card Services on +44 207 649 9404 and you can pay directly from your UK issued debit or credit card.
Please note, telephone top up limits (across all currencies on the card):
- In one day: £750
- Within 60 days: £1,500
Telephone top ups will be credited to your account immediately.
For example, if you top up £750 onto your card in one day, you may then only load a further £750 within 60 days. The telephone reload limits are subject to the total Card Fund balance already on the card at the time of the top up, as your total Card Fund balance (including all currencies) may not exceed £5,000 at any one time.
Instore at Sainsbury's Travel Money Bureaux
Just take your Travel Money Card and a valid photo ID to any Sainsbury’s Travel Money Bureau and they will top it up for you. Payments will only be accepted from the primary cardholder.
Things to remember when topping up:
- We only accept payment from the registered Travel Money Card cardholder
- For your security, from time to time, the total number of top ups you can make in 24 hours across the online, mobile app and phone channels may be restricted. If you have successfully topped up via one of these channels you may need to wait 24 hours before topped up again, unless you top up via bank transfer or in branch (where available)
- We cannot accept top ups from third parties
- Top ups will only be processed and accepted if the name and UK registered address of the payment card matches the name and address on your Travel Money Card account. To update your details please contact Card Services.
- If you top up your Euro, US Dollar, Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, New Zealand Dollar or South African Rand, Turkish Lira, Swiss Franc, Emirati Dirham, Mexican Peso, Polish Zloty, Czech Koruna, Swedish Krona and Japanese Yen currencies, we will convert your GBP payment into the relevant currency before applying it to your card.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
Sainsbury’s Bank Travel Money Card™ is issued by PrePay Technologies Limited pursuant to license by Mastercard International. PrePay Technologies Limited is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 (FRN: 900010) for the issuing of electronic money and payment instruments. Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.