Add our Key Cover
We've all been there, checking our pockets dozens of times just in case they turn up. Losing your house keys is upsetting and stressful. Even more so if someone's stolen them. Thank goodness for our Key Cover. Add it to your home insurance, for an extra cost, and if your keys do go missing, you won't be locked out for long.
What is key cover?
Key cover is sometimes called key insurance or key protection. It can help you with the cost of recovering or replacing your keys if they're lost or stolen. Our Key Cover also includes the cost of getting back into your home if you're stuck outside.
What we cover
Our Home Insurance gives you some key cover as standard and you can enhance this by adding our additional Key Cover. We'll send you a key fob, and it's really important that you attach any keys you want to be covered to this. This can include your car keys, house keys, office keys etc. If you don't, they won't be covered. Your insurer will cover you up to £1,500 (including VAT) worth of cover if your keys are lost, stolen or damaged. You will need to cover the cost of this initially, but your insurer will pay you back once they’ve validated your claim. The cover includes:
- Replacing your locks and keys
- Getting back into your home if your keys are locked inside
- Access to our 24-hour emergency helpline.
And if your car keys were on there too:
- Reprogramming your alarm and immobiliser
- Getting back into your car if your keys are locked inside
- Any public transport you need to take – make sure you keep the receipts
- Three days' car hire (up to £75 per day) if you're stranded far from home
What's not covered
Our key cover doesn't cover:
- Keys that weren't attached to the fob we sent you
- Stolen keys without a crime reference number
- Full replacement locks if it's just one part that needs fixing.