A bit of housekeeping
Welcome to your home insurance hub – where you can manage your policy all in one place.
You can find out how to make a claim, check what you’re covered for or change some of your details. But don’t forget, we’re here if you need us. So give us a call if you can’t find what you’re after.
We'll support you through it
Give us a call and we'll guide you through the claims process. We'll make sure you and your family are safe, check that you're covered, and let you know what will happen next. So you can get back to normal as soon as possible.
Who to call
If you're claiming on your main contents insurance policy (and not one of our optional extras) you need to call your insurer. You can find the name of your insurer on your policy documentation.
Here's a list of the insurers we use and their claims number:
|Axa||0333 241 3197|
|Covea||0330 024 2255|
|Integra||0300 045 2223|
|Legal and General||0370 094 8026|
|Modus||0344 856 0855|
|Pen Underwriting||0330 018 2297
|Prestige||0800 028 3966|
|RSA||0800 316 8273|
Claiming on one of our optional extras
|Key Cover||01737 334 254|
|Family Legal Protection||0333 234 2131 (if your policy has an inception or renewal date before 1st January 2019)
0330 159 8685 (if your policy has an inception or renewal date after 1st January 2019)
|Home Emergency Cover||01737 334 253|
03 number calls are charged at local rates from landlines and mobiles. 0800 number calls are free from landlines and mobiles. Calls may be monitored and recorded.
How to claim
Before you call us:
- Call the police and get a crime reference number or lost property number if you're claiming for theft, riot, malicious damage or vandalism, or accidental loss outside your home.
- Make sure everything is safe to avoid more damage or theft – but please speak to us before you make any repairs.
- Check your home insurance to make sure you're covered before you call.
- Call us with your policy number to hand if you want to make a claim, or if something happens that you could claim for – even if you decide not to.
- We'll take all the details of why you're claiming and what happened – including a list of everything that's lost or damaged. There's a few tips below on this for you too.
- Keep the damaged items as we may need to see them – except freezer food, a list is fine for that.
- We'll work out and arrange the next steps – for example we'll organise accommodation, a repair or a replacement, or reimburse you.
- We'll let you know about any excess you have to pay towards your claim.
What details to give us:
- Your policy number
- Your crime reference or lost property number if you have one
- The date the damage, theft or loss happened
- We may ask you for more information, like proof of ownership, valuations and estimates – we can accept receipts and invoices, credit agreements, pre-loss valuations and sometimes just a photo
It's a good idea to check what's covered and how you're protected if you're not sure. That way, if your home gets damaged or burgled, you can see if we can help before you make a claim.
Here are your policy documents:
Your Sainsbury's Bank Home Insurance policy booklet (PDF, 1.4MB) – for all claims excluding one of our optional extras
Your Sainsbury's Bank Home Insurance policy booklet for our optional extras (PDF, 1.3MB) if you have an inception or renewal date before 1st January 2019
Your Sainsbury’s Bank Home Insurance policy booklet for our optional extras (PDF, 424KB) if you have an inception or renewal date after 1st January 2019
- Key Cover
- Family Legal Protection
- Home Emergency
Got a question?
We've answered some of the most common home insurance questions - see our frequently asked questions.
We've also put together some guides on everything from security tips for students to protecting your home from storm damage.
Read our guides for some handy hints.
Calls are charged at local rates from landlines and mobiles. Calls may be monitored and recorded.