Single trip cover is a great option if you're planning just one trip away
Travel at any age
Over 55 and looking for travel insurance? Whether you’re over 70 with medical conditions or healthy at 80, Sainsbury’s Bank Travel Insurance could have you covered.
Travel Insurance policies to suit your needs
Travel insurance is important for travellers of all ages. You might not pay medical costs in the UK, but you’re unlikely to get the same benefits abroad. And medical care and other emergencies can be surprisingly expensive.
Sainsbury’s Bank Travel Insurance can not only help to cover the costs of medical care, it can also help with:
- Lost or stolen documents
- Lost or stolen luggage
- Missed flight or train connections
Need help quickly in a medical emergency? We have a 24-hour helpline connecting you to people who can offer guidance on the next steps, should you need it.
Whether you're heading off on just one holiday, a longer adventure, or a few trips abroad this year, there’s a policy to suit you. Plus, there are three levels of cover to choose from – Silver, Gold or Platinum.
Remember, all of our travel insurance policies have limits, exclusions and excesses may also apply. Because your age can limit your choice of policy, we’ve detailed the age limit for all of our policy types below.
All our policies are suitable for those aged up to 65 years on the policy start date.
Planning a round-the-world adventure, a year off or a long visit to see family or friends overseas? Our extended stay policy could be your perfect match.
Or maybe you’re planning to hit the slopes for a skiing or snowboarding holiday? Think about adding winter sports cover to your travel insurance policy.
Over 65? You can choose from two of our policies.
Our Annual Multi-trip Travel Insurance covers travellers aged up to 80 years from the start date of the policy. With this cover, you can travel as many times as you like during the year, including UK holidays.
Only going away once this year? Our Single Trip Travel Insurance, which has no age limit, could work for you.
Medical cover for pre-existing conditions
Our travel insurance policies can be tailored to cover a wide range of pre-existing medical conditions, like heart conditions or epilepsy. Our simple medical screening process is quick to complete and can be carried out online or over the phone.Medical cover overview
It is important to let us know about any pre-existing conditions before you get a quote, and any new conditions before your trip starts. If you don’t, future claims may be rejected, or payment could be reduced.
Nectar member benefits
Travel with confidence and save with our Nectar member benefits:
- Get up to 20% off on all travel insurance policies. Discount does not apply to the premiums for pre-existing medical conditions or enhanced gadget cover*
- We’ll double the Nectar points you get on your Sainsbury's shopping and fuel if you buy annual travel insurance†
Helpful travel guides
Our guides are a great place to start for planning your trip abroad.
We can help. Get in touch with our friendly colleagues to speak about our travel insurance policies.
Call 0345 305 2621.
Sales and service lines are open 9am-5pm Monday to Friday. Closed weekend and Bank Holidays. Calls may be monitored or recorded. Calls are charged at local rates from landlines and mobiles.
*Up to 20% discount applies when you tell us your Nectar card number. Discount does not apply to the premiums for pre-existing medical conditions or enhanced gadget cover. You won't be eligible if you buy through a price comparison website. We reserve the right to change or cancel this offer without notice.
† Double Nectar points.
1. Only available to customers buying a Sainsbury's Bank Annual Travel Insurance policy
2. You need to tell us your Nectar card number when you apply; and scan or swipe that card, or input your card number, with each Sainsbury’s purchase.
3. Double points begin on your policy's cover start date. If you don't tell us your Nectar card number until after your cover start date, double points will begin on the date you tell us.
4. Double points stop when the policy is cancelled or you stop paying premiums.
5. Each Nectar account can only collect points from one travel insurance policy.
6. It’s only the base points you collect at Sainsbury’s that are doubled. Bonus points won’t be doubled, nor will any points from Argos, Habitat, Sainsbury’s Bank (including travel money purchases), Sainsbury’s Energy or any other Sainsbury’s service.
7. By the 10th of each month, you'll get a bonus point award equal to the total of your qualifying points during the previous month, up to a maximum of 20,000 points.
8. Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd award the points from this offer. No cash alternative is available.
9. We reserve the right to change or cancel this offer without notice.
Sainsbury’s Bank Travel Insurance is underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE (GLISE) a German insurance company. UK Branch office: Plantation Place, 30 Fenchurch Street, London, EC3M 3AJ, company number SE000083. Authorised by Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority: register number 769884. Details about the extent of GLISE’s authorisation and regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority, and regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority are available from the insurer on request.
Sainsbury’s Bank Travel Insurance is sold and administered by Hood Travel Limited, registered at Companies House 08318836. Hood Travel is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 597211. Hood Travel Limited’s registered address is at 52/54 Alexandra Street, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS1 1BJ. Hood Travel is an insurance intermediary providing a non-advised service. We act for and on behalf of the insurer.