Travel with confidence
We want you to enjoy your trip without worrying about any unexpected medical bills. So, it’s important you declare any pre-existing conditions before you get a quote. Just tell us at the beginning of the online quote process.
You’ll also need to let us know about any new medical conditions that arise before your policy starts. And if the nature of a condition you’ve already told us about changes, you need to let us know about that too.
Once declared, your cover will help with costs for emergency treatment related to the specific conditions and related issues. If you don’t tell us about a pre-existing medical condition you have, future claims may be rejected, or payment could be reduced.
You can declare a pre-existing medical condition during our simple medical screening, as part of the application process. This can be completed online or over the phone. It’s quick to complete and will help make sure you have the correct cover in place.
What pre-existing medical conditions do I need to declare?
Have you been treated for, or been diagnosed with, any of the conditions listed below in the last two years? If so, you need to tell us. That goes for anyone else insured under the policy as well.
- a cardiovascular or heart-related condition, including heart attack, angina, chest pain, hypertension
- a lung or respiratory-related condition (not including stable, well-controlled asthma when you have no other medical condition)
- a cerebro-vascular condition, including stroke or T.I.A. (transient ischaemic attack)
- any form of cancer
- a terminal condition
- a psychiatric or psychological condition
- a renal condition or diabetes
You also need to let us know about any of the following, if it happened in the last 12 months:
- you received treatment or are on a hospital waiting list for in-patient treatment
- you were prescribed regular medication
- you required an organ transplant or dialysis
If you’re not sure, or have any questions, get in touch with us on 0345 305 2621^. Our team is ready to help with any questions about travel insurance for pre-existing conditions.
Covid-19 cover is included as standard on all of our policies. Don’t forget to check the latest Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) and local government travel advice before you go. You won’t be covered if you travel against it.
For full details of the Covid-19 cover provided on new and existing policies take a look at our policy booklet.
|Medical emergency and repatriation expenses
|Cancellation and cutting short your trip
Letting us know about medical treatment abroad
If you have an emergency or need medical treatment abroad, call our Medical Assistance Helpline as soon as you can:
+44 (0) 1403 288 125
The Medical Assistance team will:
- confirm that you’re in a safe place
- find the best local treatment available to you
- consider your health and best interests
- make sure the necessary medical fees are guaranteed where cover is provided by your policy
We can’t cover any costs over £500 if you haven’t agreed treatment with the Medical Assistance Helpline.