expanded Loan Calculator
Whether you're planning on some home improvements, replacing your car or simply getting your finances in order, a loan from Sainsbury's Bank could be more affordable than you think. Use our calculator below to find the ideal loan for you. All quotations given are for illustrative purposes only.
Annual Interest Rate (fixed) is 3.90% p.a., with a representative 3.9% APR based on borrowing £10,000 and repaying over 60 months with 60 monthly repayments. Monthly repayments of £183.41 with total amount repayable of £11,004.60.
Price Promise GuaranteeOur Price Promise Guarantee means that if you are offered a like for like loan with a lower APR by another lender we will beat it by 0.1%. You must have qualified for our Personal Loan but must not have accepted our offer by signing and returning the loan agreement.
Multiple credit searches may make obtaining future credit more difficult.
How to make a claim:
- Carefully read the Price Promise Guarantee terms and conditions
- Send a copy of the competitor loan agreement/ formal offer in the same name as your Sainsbury's loan to the address below.
- Remember to quote your Sainsbury's loan agreement number.
Price Promise Guarantee Claims
Loans Pricing Team
3 Lochside Avenue
Price Promise Guarantee Terms and Conditions:
- The Price Promise Guarantee ("the Offer") is only available to individuals who successfully apply for (and subsequently open) a Sainsbury's Personal Loan (“the Loan”).
- Claims under the Offer must be received within 28 days after the Sainsbury's Loan has been approved.
- Claims under the Offer will not be accepted after the Sainsbury's Loan offer has been accepted by signing and returning the Sainsbury's Loan agreement.
- You must provide us with a written offer from the other lender in the same name as the Loan offered by Sainsbury's. In most cases a photocopy of the loan agreement will suffice but we may ask you to provide the original agreement. If you provide an original document, we will return this to you within 5 days of assessing your claim. Photocopies will not be returned and will be securely destroyed by us. Sainsbury's will verify the validity of your claim within 5 business days of receiving your request and notify you of the result.
- A “Lower rate” means a lower Annual Percentage Rate (APR) of an alternative unsecured, fixed rate loan from a lender, compared on a “like for like” basis. We will assess “like for like” based on features such as, but not limited to, length of loan, fixed loan amount, repayment structure (including interest and set up fees (if any).
- The Lower rate must be available to the general public and be verifiable by Sainsbury's. The Lower rate must have been offered and must still be available to you at the time of the claim.
The Offer does not apply to the following rate or loan types:
- Loans where the funds are not available for immediate use
- Discount rates offered only to members of groups or individuals who meet previously specified criteria;
- Rates that are not immediately available, promotions that are not at everyday rates and products which are sold under different terms and conditions, such as special financing (i.e. dealer loans, promotional loans for specific goods);
- Loans that are secured on land, investments or goods.
- Any personal products being charged interest at a variable rate;
- Any personal and non personal loan type products including but not limited to lease, contract hire, hire purchase or conditional sale agreements;
- Loan agreements where interest has been temporarily or permanently suspended (including deferred payments and 0% loans for an initial period);
- Loan agreements where the funds are to support periods of study, or the period immediately following completion of studies (for example, student loans or graduate loans).
- If your claim is successful we will reduce the APR on your Sainsbury's Loan to below that of the alternative lender by 0.1%. e.g. If the alternative lender formally offers you a rate of 6.9% APR, your claim is successful and 6.9% APR is lower than our rate offered we will reduce our offer rate to 6.8% APR
- We reserve the right to modify or cancel the Offer at any time without prior notice.
More information about our Personal Loans
We treat all our customers and their applications in an individual basis. At least 51% of accepted loan applicants will be offered the Representative APR advertised for the particular loan amount and term, or a lesser APR. All other accepted applications will be offered a higher rate. The APR we offer is determined by the details you supply and the loan you are applying for, along with an independent verification of your credit and repayment history and will range from 3.0% to 22.8% APR.
Top up your loan
Top up your loan
Already have a loan with Sainsbury’s Bank? You could be eligible to borrow more.
If you've already got a personal loan from Sainsbury's Bank and your financial needs have changed, topping up your existing loan could be the answer. We offer two ways to top up your loan.
- Top up your existing loan and repay over a longer term.
You’ll need to pay up to 58 days’ interest to settle your current loan early. You’ll also pay extra interest as we’ll extend your loan term.
- Take out a second loan at our current interest rate, to run alongside your existing loan at its original interest rate.
You can have a maximum of two personal loans with a combined total of up to £40,000.
Call us on 0800 096 0543 to discuss your options. We’re open Monday to Friday 8am–10pm, Saturday 8.30am–6pm and 9.30am–5.30pm on Sundays. Telephone calls may be recorded for security purposes and monitored under our quality control procedures. Calls are free from a landline and from a mobile when calling from the UK.
These options aren’t guaranteed offers and you’ll be subject to the normal application process. The rate we offer on the new loan could be higher than your existing loan and will depend on your personal circumstances, credit assessment and other related factors.
Tools and Guides
Tools and Guides
Guide to personal loans – A thorough look at personal loans, including factors to consider when choosing a loan and the application process.
Guide to early repayments – A look at options available to you should you wish to repay your loan early.
Guide to overpayments – How to increase your monthly loan repayments.
Loan application checklist – Things to bear in mind when applying for a loan, such as how much to borrow and understanding your credit score.
Applying for a loan online – Tips on how to apply for a loan online.
Glossary – A list of common terms you might come across when applying for, or managing, a loan.
Guide to managing your credit score – How to look after your credit score, including information on how your score is compiled, how it affects you and a look at credit reference agencies.
Can I afford a loan? – How to decide whether a loan is the right choice for you.
Guide to switching loans – Information on different types of loans, interest and consolidation loans.
What are unsecured loans – Benefits and things you might want to consider if you’re thinking about applying for an unsecured loan.
Switch and save loan calculator – Our handy calculator can help you decide whether or not you would benefit from switching loans.
Loans for weddings – Preparing for your big day? Take a look at how a loan could help you pay for some or all of your wedding costs.
home-improvement-loans – How a loan could help you pay for home improvements, such as a new kitchen or loft conversion.
Car loans – How a loan could help you pay for a new vehicle.
Guide to buying a car – Things to consider when looking to buy a new car.
Guide to credit reports – Find out more about your credit report, including how the information is collected and how to access your report.
Planning your financial future – A detailed guide to savings, budgeting and credit.
Getting married abroad – How to plan an overseas wedding, with information on choosing a venue, paperwork that might need to be completed, and deciding on a budget.
Practical guide to better budgeting – Tips on how to cut costs and start saving.
Holiday planning guide – How to plan the perfect trip.
Will I be approved?
Will I be approved?
If you're concerned about being accepted for a loan, our softsearch tool will provide you with a likelihood of approval with Sainsbury's Bank.
A softsearch won't affect your credit profile and differs from a full credit search. Simply confirm you have read and meet the eligibility criteria below by ticking the box and clicking on the 'Will I be approved' button at the bottom of the page to use the tool.
Before you apply, please check and see if you meet the criteria listed below:
- Be aged between 18 and 80 years old and less than 83 when the loan is repaid
- Have a UK based bank or building society account that can accept Direct Debits. (If you are applying for a joint loan one of the parties must be named on this bank account.)
- Have a permanent UK address
- Be in permanent paid employment, self-employed or retired with a pension
- Have a gross annual income of over £7,500 (see what incomes we don't accept)
- Not have a history of County Court Judgments or bankruptcy
Please note, we do not lend for any of the following purposes: (check all lending exclusions)
- Business purposes, purchase or deposit for a property, investment or gambling
Please read the Statement of Lender and Borrower Responsibilities which sets out our key responsibilities and what we ask of you in relation to your loan.
Before you apply
To make it easier for you, please have these to hand when you're ready to apply:
- Your residential address for the past three years
- Your sort code and account number
- Details of your monthly incomings and outgoings
- Your employer's name and address
- Your Nectar card number, if you have one
Support with your application
We want to provide you with the right level of support throughout your application. If there is anything that could affect your ability to understand the application you are making today, please call us on 0800 169 8503. We'll be able to discuss your needs and offer suitable support.
Lines are open: Mon - Fri 8am-10pm, Sat 8.30am-6pm and Sun 9.30am-5.30pm. Telephone calls may be recorded for security purposes and monitored under our quality control procedures.
Ready to proceed?
Please tick the box to confirm that you're happy that a loan is suitable for your needs and that you have read, understood and meet our eligibility criteria.
Please make sure you key all your information as accurately as possible and check that it is correct at each stage of your application. Wrong information may cause delay and could ultimately affect our decision to approve your loan.