expanded Loan Calculator
Whether you're planning on some home improvements, replacing your car or simply getting your finances in order, a loan from Sainsbury's Bank could be more affordable than you think. Use our calculator below to find the ideal loan for you. All quotations given are for illustrative purposes only.
Annual Interest Rate (fixed) is 3.90% p.a., with a representative 3.9% APR based on borrowing £10,000 and repaying over 60 months with 60 monthly repayments. Monthly repayments of £183.41 with total amount repayable of £11,004.60.
Price Promise Guarantee
Our Price Promise Guarantee means that if you are offered a like for like loan with a lower APR by another lender we will beat it by 0.1%. You must have qualified for our Personal Loan but must not have accepted our offer by signing and returning the loan agreement.
Multiple credit searches may make obtaining future credit more difficult.
How to make a claim:
- Carefully read the Price Promise Guarantee terms and conditions.
- Send a copy of the competitor loan agreement/ formal offer in the same name as your Sainsbury's Bank loan to the address below.
- Remember to quote your Sainsbury's Bank loan agreement number.
PO Box 4955
Price Promise Guarantee Terms and Conditions:
- The Price Promise Guarantee ("the Offer") is only available to individuals who successfully apply for (and subsequently open) a Sainsbury's
Bank Personal Loan (“the Loan”).
- Claims under the Offer must be received within 28 days after the Sainsbury's Bank loan has been approved.
- Your Sainsbury's Bank agreement number must be provided with your written offer, otherwise we will be unable to process your price promise application.
- Claims under the Offer will not be accepted after the Sainsbury's Bank loan offer has been accepted by signing and returning the Sainsbury's Bank loan agreement.
- You must provide us with a copy of a written offer from the other lender in the same name as the loan offered by Sainsbury's Bank. We cannot return this document, therefore it is important you retain your original loan agreement in the event your price promise claim is not approved. Your copy offer document will be securely destroyed by us.
- A “Lower rate” means a lower Annual Percentage Rate (APR) of an alternative unsecured, fixed rate loan from a lender, compared on a “like for like” basis. We will assess “like for like” based on features such as, but not limited to, length of loan, fixed loan amount, repayment structure (including interest and set up fees (if any).
- The Lower rate must be available to the general public and be verifiable by Sainsbury's Bank. The Lower rate must have been offered and must still be available to you at the time of the claim.
- A maximum of one price promise claim can be made for each Sainsbury's Bank loan application.
The Offer does not apply to the following rate or loan types:
- Loans where the funds are not available for immediate use
- Discount rates offered only to members of groups or individuals who meet previously specified criteria
- Promotions that are not at everyday rates and products which are sold under different terms and conditions, such as special financing (i.e. dealer loans, promotional loans for specific goods) or price promise offers by competitors
- Loans that are secured on land, investments or goods
- Any personal products being charged interest at a variable rate;
- Any personal and non personal loan type products including but not limited to lease, contract hire, hire purchase or conditional sale agreements
- Loan agreements where interest has been temporarily or permanently suspended (including deferred payments and 0% loans for an initial period)
- Loan agreements where the funds are to support periods of study, or the period immediately following completion of studies (for example, student loans or graduate loans)
- Business loans
If your claim is successful we will reduce the APR on your Sainsbury's Bank Loan to below that of the alternative lender by 0.1%. e.g. If the alternative lender formally offers you a rate of 6.9% APR, your claim is successful and 6.9% APR is lower than our rate offered we will reduce our offer rate to 6.8% APR
We reserve the right to modify or cancel the Offer at any time without prior notice.
More information about our Personal loans
We treat all our customers and their applications on an individual basis. The APR we offer is determined by the details you supply and the loan you are applying for, along with an independent verification of your credit and repayment history and will range from 2.7% to 25.9% APR.
Will I be approved?
Will I be approved?
If you're concerned about being accepted for a loan, our softsearch tool will provide you with a likelihood of approval with Sainsbury's Bank.
A softsearch won't affect your credit profile and differs from a full credit search. Please note that the softsearch tool does not take into account whether your personal circumstances mean you can afford the loan. This may impact your eligibility for a loan and the rate you are actually offered.
Before you apply, please check and see if you meet the criteria listed below:
- Be aged between 18 and 80 years old and less than 83 when the loan is repaid
- Have a UK based bank or building society account that can accept Direct Debits. (If you are applying for a joint loan one of the parties must be named on this bank account.)
- Have a permanent UK address
- Be in permanent paid employment, self-employed or retired with a pension
- Have a gross annual income of over £7,500 (see what incomes we don't accept)
- Not have a history of County Court Judgments or bankruptcy
Please note, we do not lend for any of the following purposes: (check all lending exclusions)
- Business purposes, purchase or deposit for a property, investment or gambling
Please read the Statement of Lender and Borrower Responsibilities which sets out our key responsibilities and what we ask of you in relation to your loan.
Before you apply
To make it easier for you, please have these to hand when you're ready to apply:
- Your residential address for the past three years
- Your sort code and account number
- Details of your monthly incomings and outgoings
- Your employer's name and address
- Your Nectar card number, if you have one
Support with your application
We want to provide you with the right level of support throughout your application. If there is anything that could affect your ability to understand the application you are making today, please call us. We'll be able to discuss your needs and offer suitable support.
Change of circumstances
We want to make sure that you can afford your new loan. If you are aware of any likely change to your circumstances during the term of your loan that could increase your expenditure or reduce your income please give us a call on 0800 169 8503 to apply. Things to consider could be a reduction in your working hours, retirement, maternity /paternity leave or any increase in your living costs such as rent or mortgage payments.
Lines are open: Mon - Fri 8am-10pm, Sat 8.30am-6pm and Sun 9.30am-5.30pm. Telephone calls may be recorded for security purposes and monitored under our quality control procedures.
Please make sure you key all your information as accurately as possible and check that it is correct at each stage of your application. Wrong information may cause delay and could ultimately affect our decision to approve your loan.Will I be approved
Find out more
Top up your loan
Already have a loan with Sainsbury’s Bank? You could be eligible to borrow more.
If you've already got a personal loan from Sainsbury's Bank and your financial needs have changed, topping up your existing loan could be the answer. We offer two ways to top up your loan.
- Top up your existing loan and repay over a longer term.
You’ll need to pay up to 58 days’ interest to settle your current loan early. You’ll also pay extra interest as we’ll extend your loan term and amount.
- Take out a second loan at our current interest rate, to run alongside your existing loan at its original interest rate.
Call us on 0800 096 0543 to discuss your options. We’re open Monday to Friday 8am–10pm, Saturday 8.30am–6pm and 9.30am–5.30pm on Sundays. Telephone calls may be recorded for security purposes and monitored under our quality control procedures. Calls are free from a landline and from a mobile when calling from the UK.
These options aren’t guaranteed offers and you’ll be subject to the normal application process. The rate we offer on the new loan could be higher than your existing loan and will depend on your personal circumstances, credit assessment and other related factors.
Tools and Guides
Guide to personal loans – A thorough look at personal loans, including factors to consider when choosing a loan and the application process.
Guide to early repayments – A look at options available to you should you wish to repay your loan early.
Guide to overpayments – How to increase your monthly loan repayments.
Loan application checklist – Things to bear in mind when applying for a loan, such as how much to borrow and understanding your credit score.
Applying for a loan online – Tips on how to apply for a loan online.
Glossary – A list of common terms you might come across when applying for, or managing, a loan.
Guide to managing your credit score – How to look after your credit score, including information on how your score is compiled, how it affects you and a look at credit reference agencies.
Can I afford a loan? – How to decide whether a loan is the right choice for you.
Guide to switching loans – Information on different types of loans, interest and consolidation loans.
What are unsecured loans – Benefits and things you might want to consider if you’re thinking about applying for an unsecured loan.
Loans for weddings – Preparing for your big day? Take a look at how a loan could help you pay for some or all of your wedding costs.
Guide to buying a car – Things to consider when looking to buy a new car.
Guide to credit reports – Find out more about your credit report, including how the information is collected and how to access your report.
Planning your financial future – A detailed guide to savings, budgeting and credit.
Getting married abroad – How to plan an overseas wedding, with information on choosing a venue, paperwork that might need to be completed, and deciding on a budget.
Practical guide to better budgeting – Tips on how to cut costs and start saving.
Holiday planning guide – How to plan the perfect trip.