Our Car Excess Cover
Being involved in an accident can be stressful enough, never mind the cost of being out of pocket paying your excess. Normally, we can only recover the excess if the accident is someone else’s fault but our Excess Cover is designed to make sure you get this cost back if the claim is your fault or partially your fault.
What is excess cover?
Excess Cover will refund the excess you have paid, following a successfully settled, eligible claim made on your Sainsbury’ Bank Car Insurance.
What we cover
Our Excess Cover will refund the value of your excess, following a successfully settled, eligible claim, up to a limit of one claim in a policy year. Cover is provided following claims for:
- Accidental damage
- Fire and theft
- Where you are not at fault or partially at fault and the excess has not been recovered from a third party
What's not covered?
The policy doesn't cover:
- Any claim declined under your car insurance policy
- Any claim where the vehicle has been used for business use, in connection with the motor trade or when your vehicle is being used in competition.
- Any claim which has occurred before you have taken out your car insurance policy
- Any claim for breakdown or misfueling
- Windscreen or other glass claims
- A claim that isn’t your fault, if the excess can be recovered from the other party.
You must cover the cost of your excess initially, but you will be reimbursed once your claim has been validated.
After a bit more detail?
Check our policy document or have a look at our Frequently Asked Questions.Get a quote
Sainsbury's Bank Car Insurance is arranged and administered by Sainsbury's Bank and is underwritten by a carefully selected range of insurers. When you get a quote we will tell you who the insurer is before you buy the policy.
‡Guaranteed discount for Nectar members: The discount is based on information related to you and the Sainsbury’s and Sainsbury’s Bank transactions linked to your Nectar account. For more information on how we use your data, go to sainsburysbank.co.uk/privacy