What is windscreen cover?
If the glass in your windscreen, windows or sunroof are accidentally broken or damaged, our windscreen cover takes care of the repair or replacement. It also covers any bodywork scratched by the broken glass.
Comprehensive car insurance? You're covered
You get Windscreen Cover as standard with our Comprehensive insurance. Windscreen damage is quite a common problem for drivers. Even a small stone chip on a busy road can cause big trouble down the line. So we'll help you fix any damage as soon as we can.
You can add our Windscreen Cover to your policy for an additional cost.
If you make a claim, you'll need to pay an excess. How much depends on who does the work.
If you use an approved windscreen repairer, you'll pay:
- £10 for a repair
- £75 for a replacement.
And we'll cover the rest.
If you use an unapproved windscreen repairer, you'll pay:
- £25 for a repair
- £100 for a replacement.
We'll then pay the next £150 of the bill – if that doesn't cover it, you'll need to pay the rest.
What's not covered?
Our Windscreen Cover doesn't include:
- any deliberate damage
- the glass or plastic sunroof, roof panel, foldable roof or removable hood on your convertible.
Will it affect my no claims discount?
No – don't worry. Claiming for windscreen damage doesn't affect your no claims discount.
Get more mileage from your policy
For fuss free motoring, we've got some handy extras that you can add, for an additional cost, to your policy to keep you on the road for longer:
- No Claims Discount Protection – keep your discount even when you make a claim
- Guaranteed Courtesy Car – if a small hatchback won't cut it, upgrade to a car a similar size as yours
- Motor Legal Protection – cover your expenses if you have to go to court
- Key Cover – get replacement locks and keys, and other transport if you're locked out
- RAC Breakdown Cover – choose from a range of cover to help when you're stuck at the side of the road