Ready for that holiday? Whether you’ve been pining for paella or craving some foreign culture, this offer will help you make the most of the summer sun. To help you make the most of your time away, we’re offering you no foreign exchange fees on spend when you use your Sainsbury’s Bank Credit Card until 5 September 2022. A cash fee of 3% (min £3) will still apply to travel money purchases, other than from Sainsbury's Bank, and cash withdrawals^.
How does it work?
It’s simple and you don’t need to do anything. Whenever you use your Sainsbury’s Bank Credit Card until 5 September 2022 to pay for any foreign spend (except travel money) we won’t charge any foreign exchange fees. As long as you pay with your credit card in this time period, you’ll get this offer. It’s the perfect opportunity to make the most of your summer holiday plans.
Don’t miss the boat
Offer only available from 28 June 2022 to 5 September 2022
Any new foreign transactions after this date may be charged at your standard foreign exchange fee of 2.75%.
Up to 3 Nectar points for every £1*
Grabbing last-minute holiday essentials? Remember you can get up to 3 Nectar points for every £1 spent at Sainsbury’s and Argos when you pay with your Sainsbury’s Bank Credit Card and scan your linked Nectar card or app. You can also get 1 point for every £5 spent everywhere else.
Need holiday cover? Sainsbury’s Bank Travel Insurance, underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE, could help cover the cost of any unexpected medical expenses or damaged items while you’re abroad. This also includes holidays in the UK as long as you’ve prebooked at least 2 nights stay. It could even reimburse you if you need to cancel your trip or cut it short. Plus, Nectar members save up to 20%**.
^Important information about Foreign Exchange offer:
This offer is only available to you and can’t be transferred to other Sainsbury’s Bank customers.
Foreign exchange fees
- We’ll charge you a 0% fee on non-sterling transactions on your credit card between the 28 June 2022 and 5 September 2022
- Travel money purchases, other than from Sainsbury’s Bank, and cash withdrawals will still be charged a cash fee of 3% (min £3)
- Clause 5.4 of your account terms & conditions explains how we convert non-sterling transactions into sterling. The Mastercard exchange rates we use can be found at mastercard.com.
If a purchase is made which takes you over your credit limit, we will charge you a fee of £12 when you exceed your credit limit. We will also charge you a fee of £12 for any late payment on your balance.
*Up to 3 Nectar points per £ conditions
- You can collect points by paying with your credit card.
- We’ll award 2 points for each full £1 spent at Sainsbury’s, Argos, Habitat and Tu Clothing in the UK.
- We’ll award 1 point for each full £5 spent everywhere else. This includes Argos eBay stores, Argos Clearance stores, Argos For Business, Argos Spares, Argos Financial Services, Sainsbury’s Bank, Sainsbury’s Energy, Sainsbury’s Cafes, Sainsbury’s e-Gift Cards and any other Sainsbury’s services.
- We don’t award points on Travel Money purchases.
- If you opened your account before December 2013 these terms may not apply.
- On each statement, we calculate the points due on each transaction separately, then total them up and add them to your Nectar account within 60 days.
- You can collect additional points from Nectar partners, including up to 1 point per £1 in Sainsbury’s, Argos, Habitat and Tu Clothing, by scanning your Nectar app or using your Nectar card at the time of the transaction. You can find details of their collection rates at nectar.com
- No cash alternative is available.
- We reserve the right to change or cancel this offer without notice.
Discount doesn’t apply to premiums for pre-existing medical conditions, enhanced gadget cover or enhanced Covid-19 cover.
Sainsbury’s Bank Travel Insurance is underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE, a German insurance company with its headquarters at Königinstrasse 107, 80802 Munich. UK Branch office: 10 Fenchurch Avenue, London, EC3M 5BN, company number SE000083. Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch, is authorised and regulated by Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website.
Sainsbury's Bank Travel Insurance is sold and administered by Hood Travel Limited, registered at Companies House 08318836. Hood Travel Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 597211. Hood Travel Limited’s registered address is at 52/54 Alexandra Street, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS1 1BJ. Hood travel is an insurance intermediary providing a non-advised service. We act for and on behalf of the insurer.