Our Home Insurance comes with garden cover
With our home insurance products, we look after the items in your outside space as well as inside your home as standard. Now, all we need is for a few sunny bank holidays so you can actually get out there and enjoy the garden.
What is garden cover?
Garden insurance covers what's in your garden against loss, damage and theft. It includes items you tend to leave out in the open, like garden furniture and children's toys. And it often includes damage and loss to your plants, trees and shrubs – including any damage caused by neighbours.
What's covered with contents insurance?
As well as the growing trees, plants and shrubs in your garden, our contents insurance includes the loss or damage of:
- Garden furniture
- Children's toys
The insurer will pay up to £2,000 for a single claim.
What's covered with buildings insurance?
Our buildings insurance covers you if your garden is damaged by emergency services gaining access to your home or preventing damage to your home. The insurer will pay up to £500 for each individual item affected.
What's not covered
It doesn't cover any loss or damage that happens in your garden when there's no one at home for more than 60 days in a row, or when your home's unfurnished.
After a bit more detail?
Check our policy document. And for tips on keeping your home safe and sound, take a look at our guide to home security. Remember to check that the policy and excess are suitable for your garden cover needs.
Furnish your cover with our optional extras
Now you've laid the foundations with our standard cover, for an extra cost you can build on it with our optional extras to give you, your family, and your treasured possessions even more protection.
- Key Cover – get replacement locks and keys and access to a nationwide network of locksmiths if you're locked out.
- Family Legal Protection – cover your costs if you have to go to court for a private legal dispute.
- Home Emergency Cover – for your repairs to things like a burst pipe or a gas leak
- Personal Possessions Cover – in and outside your home – including your mobile phone and your gadgets. Also includes bike cover away from home.
- Enhanced Accidental Damage Cover – for both buildings and contents insurance, to give you even more protection.