It’s all in the detail
Whether you are a first-time buyer, familiar with the process or just want a little bit of guidance when it comes to getting a mortgage or moving home, we’ve put together some useful information to help you through every step of the process.
From helping you budget to knowing what to look for when viewing properties and what you’ll need for a mortgage application to what to do when moving day comes round, our guides will help you at each stage of your journey.
Guides to help with buying your first home or your next home
If you are thinking of buying your first home or moving to your next home take a look at the guides below to help you plan and make sure you have considered everything you need to do.
- Budget planner (PDF, 116KB)
- A property viewing checklist (PDF, 101KB)
- A mover's checklist (PDF, 100KB)
General information about mortgages
Navigate your way through the confusing world of mortgage speak and find out more about our fees and charges and how to confirm your income and identity.
- Our mortgage rates (PDF, 440KB)
- Confirming your income and identity (PDF, 200KB)
- Our fees and charges (PDF, 122KB)
- Other property exclusions guide
- What does it all mean – our guide to mortgage speak
From understanding your mortgage conditions to finding answers to questions you may have about your mortgage with us, our handy guides cover everything.
- Sainsbury's Bank Residential Mortgage Conditions 2017 (PDF, 1.3MB)
- Direct Debit Mandate (PDF, 108KB)
- General information (PDF, 99KB)
- Accountant Certificate for self-employed applicants (PDF, 95KB)
If you are taking out a mortgage you’re bound to have some questions. Take a look at our FAQs to get the answers to some of the most common questions our customers ask.View our mortgage FAQs
For further questions
- Call 0345 111 8010**
- Helpful phone numbers
Our lines are open: Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 9am-4pm and Sun 10am-1pm
**Telephone calls will be recorded for security purposes under our quality control procedures. Calls are charged at local rates from landlines and mobiles.