Cover for your cute canine
Why choose Sainsbury's Bank Pet Insurance?
- Flexible insurance options to cover your pets
Choose from three types of pet insurance – with vet fee cover up to £10,000
- Vet Assistance, day or night
24/7 access to qualified, UK-based vet nurses online or over the phone to help with your pet health queries
- Multi-pet cover – insure more than one pet for less
We’ll give you a £1 discount per pet, per month on our multi-pet policies†
- Extra discount for Nectar members
As a Nectar member, you get an extra discount on your pet insurance*
- Double your Nectar points
We’ll double your Nectar points on Sainsbury’s shopping and fuel**
- A policy that’s easy to manage
Use our handy online portal to manage your pet insurance policy
See Terms & Conditions for full offer details* ** †.Get a quote Get a quote
Coronavirus Financial Support
Please contact us to discuss financial support options if you have been affected by Coronavirus (Covid-19).
Compare our pet insurance policy and cover options
Selecting the best pet insurance for you and your four-legged friend is about more than just price. You’ll want to make sure the policy suits your needs , with the right type of cover in case something goes wrong. Explore and compare pet insurance cover options from Sainsbury’s Bank and get quotes online straightaway.
Time limited cover
We also offer time limited pet insurance for cats and dogs , which covers conditions for up to 12 months.
Why buy pet insurance?
Pets can get into all sorts of scrapes and suffer from sudden illnesses, and vet bills can quickly add up. So, it may be a good idea to have pet insurance in place. That way, you’re not left to cover the full cost of treating your cat, dog or rabbit if they need a vet visit.
How we can help
Our pet insurance can help make these costs more manageable, covering anything from accidents and illness to theft and straying. And if your pet does go missing, we can help pay for the adverts and rewards needed to get them back quickly and safely.
With cat and dog insurance, you’ll also have the peace of mind of knowing you could afford great care and treatment for your pet, even when you’re abroad. And we can reimburse you (up to your policy limit) if you’ve got to cancel a holiday because your cat or dog disappears before you travel.
When can I take out a policy?
You can take out a new policy for your pet as soon as they’re eight weeks old. We insure cats until their tenth birthday, most dogs until their eighth birthday and rabbits until their fifth birthday. But don’t worry, if you’ve already insured your pet with us before these milestones, cover can continue as they grow older.
Unfortunately, there are certain dog breeds that we aren’t able to cover, and some we can’t insure under our £10,000 Lifetime Cover.
All insurance policies have restrictions though. To find out more about our terms and conditions including exclusions excesses and limits, please take a look at our policy document.
Things to consider when buying pet insurance
- We will pay your vet directly - We pay 98% of claims* and can pay your vet directly so are never out of pocket, letting you focus on looking after your pet^
- Are you looking at the right type of cover? We have a range of different insurance options – so you can pick the one that’s right for you and only pay for the cover you need
- Do you know what’s not covered? We’re sorry but we can’t cover the cost of treatment for any pre-existing conditions or illnesses that occur or show symptoms within 14 days of the policy start date. We also can't cover the cost of treatment for poisoning or accidents occurring within three days of the policy start date
Need more information?
To find out more about pet insurance, our FAQs are a great place to start. They’ve got loads of information on everything from making a claim to finding a vet. They’ll help you decide on the cover that’s right for you and your pet, and explain how to buy and manage your policy.Get an answer
Helpful pet guides
We love pets as much as you do. Our handy guides give step-by-step help on everything from vaccinations and microchipping to training and animal wellbeing.
Ready to insure your pet today?
Let’s get the right cover in place for your pet and find a policy that lets you relax. Use the button to get started now.Get a quote
Already got pet insurance with us?
If you need to check or change your policy or make a claim – it’s all in customer support.Manage your policy
Making a claim on your pet insurance?
We’re sorry your pet has been unwell. Please visit customer support to find out how to make a claim and check your policy details.How to make a claim
Need to talk to us?
You may find the answer you need in our FAQs. If you’d prefer to speak to someone, our friendly team will be happy to help.
^ Based on data for policies arranged by Pinnacle Insurance plc from Sept 2019 to Sept 2020.
For more information on how we use your data, go to sainsburysbank.co.uk/privacy.
* Guaranteed discount for Nectar members: The discount is based on information related to you and the transactions you've made with Sainsbury's supermarkets and Sainsbury's Bank using your Nectar card. For more information go to sainsburysbank.co.uk/nectar.
** Double Nectar points
1) Only available to customers buying a new Sainsbury's Bank Pet Insurance policy.
2) You need to tell us your Nectar card number when you apply; and scan or swipe that card, or input your card number, with each Sainsbury’s purchase.
3) Double points begin on your policy's cover start date. If you don't tell us your Nectar card number until after your cover start date, double points will begin on the date you tell us.
4) Double points stop when the policy is cancelled or you stop paying premiums.
5) Each Nectar account can only collect points from one pet insurance policy.
6) It’s only the base points you collect at Sainsbury’s that are doubled. Bonus points won’t be doubled, nor will any points from Argos, Habitat, Sainsbury’s Bank (including travel money purchases), Sainsbury’s Energy or any other Sainsbury’s service.
7) By the 10th of each month, you'll get a bonus point award equal to the total of your qualifying points during the previous month, up to a maximum of 20,000 points.
8) Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd award the points from this offer. No cash alternative is available.
9) We reserve the right to change or cancel this offer without notice.
† Multi-pet discount is a minimum of £24 when insuring more than one pet as this is worked out at £1 per pet per month for each pet on a policy. Pets can have different cover levels. Discount deducted separately from any other offer.
Sainsbury's Bank plc, Registered Office, 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT (registered in England and Wales, no. 3279730) is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (register no. 184514). Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd is an appointed representative of Sainsbury's Bank plc.
Sainsbury's Bank plc acts as an introducer to Pinnacle Insurance plc who is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (register number 110866). Registered Office: Pinnacle House, A1 Barnet Way, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, WD6 2XX. Sainsbury’s Bank plc and Pinnacle Insurance plc are not part of the same corporate group.