Our pet insurance, provided by Pinnacle Insurance plc, is here to help you pay vet fees that can quickly mount up. It also gives you peace of mind, knowing that you can help afford to give your pet great care and treatment when it’s needed. Find out more about the range of different options we offer as well as their limitations.
Perks for Nectar members
- Collect 7,000 Nectar points (worth £35) when you take out a new pet insurance policy.* Use the offer code PET4AG and tell us your Nectar card number to qualify. Your points will be added to your account within 60 days of your policy start date unless your policy is cancelled during this period.
- Guaranteed discount just for being a Nectar member**
- We’ll double the points on your Sainsbury’s shopping and fuel***. If you have more than one type of insurance with us, you'll get even more. See how many you could collect with our Nectar points calculator
Remember you can take out a new policy for your pet as soon as they’re eight weeks old. We insure cats until their tenth birthday, most dogs until their eighth birthday (see our FAQs on our website for some breeds we don’t insure) and rabbits until their fifth birthday. However once purchased, cover can continue up to any age if you renew the existing policy, without a break in cover. Pre-existing conditions will not be covered under new policies. Please see policy documents for full terms, exclusions and limitations of cover.
Terms & Conditions
*7,000 points offer
1)This offer is only available when you get a quote and buy a new pet insurance policy direct from the Sainsbury’s Bank website. Purchases through price comparison, cashback, voucher code and similar sites are excluded.
2) 7,000 points (worth £35) will be added to your Nectar account within 60 days of your policy start date, unless your policy is cancelled during this period. If you’ve been offered a different number of points elsewhere, you’ll be awarded whichever is the bigger number
3) You need to add your Nectar card number and promotional code PET4AG to your quote.
4) We've selected this offer for you and it can't be transferred to anyone else.
5) Points will only be awarded once per Nectar account.
6) Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd award the points from this offer. No cash alternative is available.
7) Sainsbury’s Bank reserve the right to change or cancel this offer without notice.
The discount is based on information related to you and the Sainsbury’s and Sainsbury’s Bank transactions linked to your Nectar account. For more information on how we use your data, go to sainsburysbank.co.uk/privacy.
1. Only available to customers buying a new Sainsbury's Bank Pet Insurance policy.
2. You need to tell us your Nectar card number when you apply; and scan or swipe that card, or input your card number, with each Sainsbury’s purchase.
3. Double points begin on your policy's cover start date. If you don't tell us your Nectar card number until after your cover start date, double points will begin on the date you tell us.
4. Double points stop when the policy is cancelled or you stop paying premiums.
5. Each Nectar account can only collect points from one pet insurance policy.
6. It’s only the base points you collect at Sainsbury’s that are doubled. Bonus points won’t be doubled, nor will any points from Argos, Habitat, Sainsbury’s Bank (including travel money purchases), Sainsbury’s Energy or any other Sainsbury’s service.
7. By the 10th of each month, you'll get a bonus point award equal to the total of your qualifying points during the previous month, up to a maximum of 20,000 points.
8. Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd award the points from this offer. No cash alternative is available.
9. We reserve the right to change or cancel this offer without notice.
Sainsbury's Bank plc acts as an introducer to Pinnacle Insurance plc who is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (register number 110866). Registered Office: Pinnacle House, A1 Barnet Way, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, WD6 2XX. Sainsbury’s Bank plc and Pinnacle Insurance plc are not part of the same corporate group.