Renew or Update your policy
If you pay by Direct Debit, we’ll automatically renew your policy. We'll let you know that this will happen before your policy expires and give you details of the renewal terms.
If you pay by credit or debit card, we may automatically renew your policy using the payment details you gave us. We’ll let you know on your renewal notice if we can renew your policy on this basis.
If you don't want to renew your policy
Please get in touch before the renewal date. If you don’t contact us and your policy is automatically renewed, we’ll continue to take Direct Debits from your bank account or take the full annual premium from your credit or debit card.
If you want to change the way you pay
Please get in touch with us before your renewal date. We’ll be happy to help.
If we can’t renew your policy
If we’re not able to renew your policy on the same terms, we may be able to offer you an alternative policy with a different insurer. We’ll let you know if this is the case in your renewal notice.
If you go ahead with this alternative policy you’ll be agreeing that your data may be used to allow an alternative insurer to provide you with these terms before your existing policy expires.
If you pay by Direct Debit and your insurer changes at renewal, your policy will automatically be renewed by the alternative insurer.
If you pay by credit or debit card, the new insurer may automatically renew your policy using the payment details you gave us. Details of how to renew your policy will be in your policy documents.
If you don’t want to renew your policy with the alternative insurer, let them before the renewal date. If you don’t tell them they will collect Direct Debit payments from your bank account or take the full annual premium from your credit or debit card.
If you want to change the way you pay or your payment details, contact the alternative insurer before your renewal date to arrange this.
It’s important that you let us know about anything that could affect your cover under the policy. If you don’t tell us about these things you might not be covered if you need to make a claim. Please call us on 0345 608 6034* to let us know if:
- You make changes to your car that improves its value, performance or attractiveness to thieves.
- You change your car.
- You want to use your car for a purpose not included in your schedule.
- You become aware of any medical or physical condition of any driver named on the policy which may affect their ability to drive and must be notified to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) or the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency Northern Ireland (DVLANI).
- You or any other driver named on the policy are convicted of a motoring offence, other than fixed penalty parking offences.
- You or any other named in the policy are convicted of any offence relating to fraud, arson or dishonesty.
- You change the address where you normally keep your car.
- You change your annual mileage.
- You, or anyone covered by this policy changes jobs, including part time.
- You or any other driver covered by your policy cease to be a permanent UK resident.
- You or any other driver covered by your policy have a car insurance policy cancelled, made void or refused or had a renewal refused.
We might reassess your cover and premium. We may charge an administration fee of £26.00 for any changes you make to your policy during the period of cover. This is shown in your policy schedule.
If you want to cancel your policy for any reason, call us on 0345 608 6034. Calls may be recorded.
If you do cancel your policy you might have to pay a cancellation fee. Details of our fees can be found in your Policy Schedule for policies renewed before 5th November 2016. For policies renewed on or after this date please refer to Your Agreement with esure Services Limited for details of fees chargeable by esure Services Limited in relation to your policy.