Loading up a travel money card with Euros offers a host of benefits compared with other methods of spending abroad. These include:
- Apply for multiple cards – take out more than one travel money card and link them to the same account – perfect for family holidays or for leaving a backup in the safe.
- Manage your card via the app – check your balance, transfer funds, make secure payments, freeze your card and more – all from our app.
- Avoid charges – travel cards don’t charge a foreign exchange fee when you spend abroad, so they’re typically cheaper to use in Europe than a standard debit or credit card.
- Built in security – our card has chip and PIN protection as well as secure contactless features. They can also be cancelled if they are lost or stolen.
- Helpful currency conversion – if you don’t spend all your euros on your trip it’s easy to convert your Euros to other currencies ready for your next holiday.
What can you use your card for?
You can use your card in many ways – including instore transactions, cash withdrawals and online purchases. Be mindful that you can only spend the amount that you load onto the card, but you can always top it up online or via the app.
You can use it in the same way you use a debit or credit card - chip and PIN or contactless.
Withdrawing cash in Europe
Visit any local ATM and withdraw cash with your card. We won’t charge you for any withdrawals, but some ATMs may charge their own fee.
Use your card to make online purchases. Just enter the card details at checkout and pay in Euros.
How to order your travel money card
Ordering a card is easy. You can collect instore or order online for delivery – the choice is yours.
When you order for next day collection, you can visit your local instore bureau at stores across the UK. You can pop in at a time that suits you and leave with a card. You can also get your PIN number along with the card . Check ahead for bureau opening hours.
Order online for delivery
If you order for delivery, your travel money card will be delivered to your address in 3-5 days free of charge. After getting the card, you'll receive the PIN a few days later. All home deliveries require a minimum value of £100. When it arrives, simply sign the back and it’s ready to go.
Visit our travel money card page to discover more about the fees and limits associated with using your travel money card.
How to use your card
When abroad, you can use your card the same way you would a debit or credit card.
- Contactless payments – hold your card over the card reader to pay and wait until you hear a beep.
- Chip and PIN – pop your card into the reader and enter your PIN to pay. There’s no direct link to your bank account.
- Withdraw cash at an ATM – place your card into the ATM and enter your PIN. Follow the instructions on the screen to withdraw cash.
- Load it with a minimum of £50 – top up your card online, over the phone, at our travel money bureaux, or via the app or bank transfer.